Monday 8 April 2019

Spring Things

 Happy new week dear readers..........there are lots of spring things here today....beginning with the tiny bunny.....so tiny she can fit into an espresso cup..........
 ...............and here is another tiny bunny next to an ordinary size hen's egg............
 ..............exciting times outside....the spring flowers are opening in my cottage garden......
 ..............before i put the easter egg wreath up in my kitchen i took some photos of it on the gate of the cottage garden.............with some of my fabric birds added amongst the pastel eggs and flowers....
 ............such a pretty time of year......i love all the different coloured primroses and can't resist buying a new pot each time i see a different colour at the flower shop.....
 ...............speaking of colour....last year i placed a big order for bulbs and plants from an online supplier and spent ages planting them all..........surprise!!.....the tulips are almost all yellow or red............no pink ones......even though i ordered lots of pink ones .......
 ..............when i planted these (above) i thought 'these pink tulips will look nice against the white fence'.....the pinky red tulips below were a present from a lovely friend last week, still in bud....they opened out and had wonderful frilly petals............i think they look nice with my little apples quilt...
(patterns for the quilt, the tiny bunnies and the birds are all now in my etsy shop).................
 ............lots more plants are growing in my little garden and each day the robin visits when i work in there.......it's a bit like the secret garden :) .........
 ...........despite lots of gardening going on i've also been sewing and writing up patterns......exploring the log cabin block for a stitch along on instagram has been fun too...............love the fresh spring days we are having and all the easter decorations appearing along with the flowers and mini eggs....such a cheerful time............thank you for visiting me here lovely readers and for your very kind comments.............wishing you a happy sunny flowery week ahead........back soon xxxxxxxxxx

13 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love your sweet bunnies! And I'm still smiling at those you have covered up in a pretty bunny quilt! It sure looks like Spring when I get here and see your pretty pastels! Enjoy your week!

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Your tulips are lovely Helen ... despite not being pink!! I do love your 'Fresh Cut Flower' sign. :)
Your images are gorgeous, they would make a beautiful set of Easter cards, especially that cute tiny bunny.
I agree it really is a pretty time of year,
V x

Elizabethd said...

I ordered tulips from S.Raven this year and they have been superb...beautiful pink and apricot colours. Nothing quite like Spring tulips, whatever colour!

Gill - That British Woman said...

lovely little bunnies...............

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

A Flowery Week to you Helen!

Lorrie said...

Those tiny bunnies are so sweet!

Gracie Saylor said...

Your little bunny is delightful, and your yellow tulips surprisingly sunshiny, Helen :-) I am sorry they did not live up to their advertisement! One of the fun parts of my move to the condo is getting to know the tiny garden plots I have on either side of the house. The plot by the front door has two tiny tulips. I am wondering what color they will surprise me with... xxxxxxx

Teresa Kasner said...

Such a funny story of the pink tulips that turned out yellow! I love your tiny bunny.. you're so talented. The Easter egg wreath on your garden gate is such a pretty picture. Enjoy your week!
((hugs)), Teresa :-)
❀.•❤•.✿.•❤ Happy Easter! ❀.•❤•.✿.•❤

butterfly said...

Oh that cute rabbit how sweet.
Another lovely post of all the things I love so pretty .
Very sweet wreath love the little birds popping out of the eggs.
Beautiful flowers .

Little Quiltsong said...

What a lovely Spring Post! Always so special to watch new growth after the Winter. Our neighborhood rabbits love tulip bulbs, and will eat mostly the pink and purple - never knew different colours would taste differently :)! So enjoy seeing your cute rabbits - and your Easter Wreath is just beautiful! Enjoy this lovely new season, Helen!

Jo said...

Just hopped on the computer for some loveliness and there it was in your post. Thanks for cheering me up. Jo xxx

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Oh such spring pretties and colors! Always LOVE your blog posts! The tiny bunny is adorable.. and I've always LOVED those little birds. Those are what first attracted me to your blog several years ago! I just HAD to find that pattern.. and I looked and looked for it. Never did find... and now in your Etsy shop.... and I"m going over to buy it! So happy! Also fell in love with your little stuffed houses.... which I bought one of your books just for that pattern. You are so creative! xoxoxo Marilyn

Jacky H said...

Your blog never fails to delivery on ideas and colours.
Spring is certainly here.
Your bunnies look all ready for Easter.