Monday 15 April 2019

Rabbits and Gardens

 Happy Easter week dear readers......here it is at last, very late this year......we have lots of bunnies ready to celebrate.......above is mabel helping me in the potting shed......of course rabbits and gardens are not always a good mix, but my bunnies are very well behaved around plants.....
 .................mabel and her sister maudie on their little ikea chairs ( the chairs now outgrown by my two older grandchildren but still used when the two littlest ones visit)............
 ............and the pattern for mabel and her pretty smock dress is now available in my etsy shop......
 ..............more log cabin blocks.....this one is inspired by easter and all my yellow tulips.....
 ............and this little pincushion was made from another log cabin block, styled with the first bluebells of this year.....
 ........a peek into my cottage garden............pots of spring flowers............
 ...........a tangle of bulbs and foliage and beneath them lots of cottage garden plants emerging....
 .............so exciting to see some of my favourites there...(just hope i can stop the slugs and snails eating them)...
 ..........sweet little pot of my favourite bellis daisies...........
 .............and on a bunny theme these gorgeous little progress keeper charms from my friend vivienne's etsy shop at green rabbit designs here........a cute little silver bunny and carrot....perfect to use for my easter knitting......
 ..........a basket with a bunny and lots of eggs............and below the big bunny sisters with a tiny bunny each...........
..............thank you for visiting me here lovely readers and for all the kind comments you leave me......wishing you a very happy easter....happy spring days..........and lots of sunshine and flowers until next time.........back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

13 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Rabbits and gardens ... I can't think of a more perfect combination!! :)
I love your big bunnies Helen and that pic with the tiny bunnies is just the cutest!
Your cottage garden is looking lovely and yes lets hope those slugs and snails behave for all of us.
Thank you so much for visiting my little shop, so glad you love your bunny and carrot.
Wishing you a wonderful Easter my friend full of flowers, bunnies, chocolate ... and most importantly, grandchildren. :)
V xxx

Teresa Kasner said...

I just love your cottage garden with the white picket fence.. where did you find the wonderful little glass house in the center? Love your bunnies.. all set for Easter! Have a good one with your family and dear grandchildren.

❀.•❤•.✿.•❤ Happy Easter! ❀.•❤•.✿.•❤

((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Such a lovely post, Helen! I am in love with your rabbits!

Kate said...

It's a good thing your beautiful bunnies are so well behaved otherwise you couldn't share your beautiful flowers with us. ^^
Happy Easter!

butterfly said...

Happy Easter , have a lovely week.
Love your Spring post lovely little rabbits and beautiful flowers .

Cream Linen said...

I love these bunnies!!
Have a wonderful Easter Helen!!
Tina x

Jacky H said...

I love your spring cottage garden such abundance of colour.
Your bunnies look really happy in their surroundings.
I love their dresses there so pretty .

Rhona said...

I love all your Easter themed pictures....so pretty. Your garden is wonderful and so colorful....we've just got the first signs of daffodils popping through the ground.
Happy Easter!

Blondie's Journal said...

Helen,

Your posts always charm the pants off me! Those bunnies are just precious. For awhile back the the eighties, these were quite popular at gift shops, although machine sewn. Still, a lot of embellishments such as whiskers and buttons. I started to pick them up to gift my little niece with. She loved each and every one.

Your quilt pieces are very sweet. Keep up the wonderful work (or should I say joy?). And Happy Spring!

Jane x

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Dear Helen, happy Easter week!
I so enjoy very much so so much reading your blog posts. You have the sweetest photos. I hope you have a wonderful time with family. Here in Northern Virginia, furthest west part, we are having nice weather, lots of sun.... but as always, the rain needs to come again and water my seeds
I want to make all of your bunnies and quilts!!

Lorrie said...

I always enjoy seeing your projects, in process and completed. Mabel is a darling and she certainly wouldn't eat cabbages and lettuce from your garden! Happy Easter Week!

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Happy Easter week. I love all of your pretty makes and those bunnies are just the cutest! Enjoy the Easter weekend x

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Such fun Helen to see your bunnies and flowers! I love the baby bunnies held by the sisters! The colors in your garden are so bright and happy and cheerful.. love the tulips and the white picket fence. Sigh.. it's all just so sweet and pretty! xoxooMarilyn