Monday 1 April 2019

April

Happy April everyone................above is my collage of pictures from march which was a lovely month filled with flowers and quilts...........i absolutely love this time of year............
 ............yesterday we celebrated mother's day here ( i know it's different in other countries but ours is mothering sunday which is always linked to when easter falls each year).........above is mabel in her new gingham dress with one of my many lovely gifts from my gorgeous girls.....a pink pot filled with beautiful ranunculus plants.....
 .................love all my flowers as you know :).....below is a new little doll quilt (or it could just be a mini quilt used as an easter decoration)..........
 ............yes i finally made a bunny quilt for the bunnies...............
 ............the little bunnies quilt is now available as a pattern in my etsy shop............
 ..............it's quick and easy to make....i tipped out my scrap basket to find some real fabric treasures for this one...lots of little pieces of pretty sugary coloured favourites.......
 ..............last week we had a day off and went on our first proper garden outing of the season......
 ............we visited bodnant garden in north wales where the magnolias and camellias were stunning......
 ..............and i found whole flowerbeds filled with my favourite bellis daisies.........
 ...........below is a beautiful magnolia tree and a view of the gardens.........there is such a lot to see and enjoy there......we took a picnic lunch and later had afternoon tea in the cafĂ© with buttered bara brith (a tea bread also called speckled bread which i rather like) and welsh cakes too......
 ...............it was wonderful to be out in the fresh air looking at flowers in the sunshine.....quite perfect in fact...........i shall leave you with this gorgeous red camellia...... thank you for popping in to see me here in my bit of blog land dear readers......and thank you so much for the kind comments you leave me.....it's so nice to hear from you......wishing you a happy sunny week ahead...back soon xxxxxxxx

12 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Happy Mother's Day!
Your blog is always feels like a new spring.

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Ranunculus are so pretty aren't and so lovely to see all the springtime magnolias and camellias ... what a beautiful garden!
I really do adore that little bunny quilt.
Glad you had a lovely Mother's Day with your girls. :)
Happy April,
V x

Elderberry-Rob said...

your bunnies under the quilt is so delightful. I love magnolia, there is a long stretch of boring old brickwork wall on the route to the gym and at present it has about 6 huge magnolia trees spilling over it and dropping their beautiful petals on the ground, I am so tempted to stop and grab armfuls of the fallen petals! but what on earth would I do with them :)

Teresa Kasner said...

❀.•❤•.✿.•❤ Happy Mother's Day! ❀.•❤•.✿.•❤ to you! What a lovely garden you visited.. I thank you for sharing the beautiful blooms with us. What a sweet little quilt!! I hope your weather is fair. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Gracie Saylor said...

Thanks for sharing the bouquet of beautiful flower photos, Helen. I especially love seeing the sweet little bunnies under their lovely quilt. Well done! xxxxxxx

Cherie said...

Your lovely blog is like a breath of fresh air. Those little bunnies are gorgeous

Jo said...

What fantastic pictures Helen really summing up the lovely weather we have been having.

butterfly said...

I really enjoy your blog each month Helen .
I love this time of the year too.
Your bunny quilt is so pretty.
Lovely flowers from your girls .
Here it has been a beautiful week and my garden is full of blooms are even my bluebells are out in full flower .
Love your photos from your day out .

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Thank you dear Helen, for sharing these delightful flowers and your beautiful creations.
I hope you have a lovely week

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Oh such pretty flowers and your tiny quilt is just darling. Your post heading reminded me of the song Pieces of April, sung by Three Dog Night in 1972! I've always LOVED that song! I just went and listened to it for the first time in many years. Love the little bunnies resting under the quilt and the sweet little gingham dress. I used to make doll clothes when I was a young child, for my little "muffie" dolls. I bet making clothes for bunnies is ever more fun! Thank you for sharing all the wonderful garden photos! Marilyn

Marta said...

Auguri per la festa della mamma. Bellissima la copertina ed i tuoi meravigliosi fiori.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Beautiful flowers. A visit to a botanical garden is always a treat. Your little bunnies and the bunny quilt are all so very sweet. Can't believe it's April. March sure did seem to speed right by.