Tuesday 23 April 2019

Easter Time

 Happy new week dear readers.....having a late start here on my blog this week as it was a long sunny weekend celebrating easter, having lovely family times and lazy days..............
 ............lots of flower posies from the garden...........and below a bunch of flowers from my grand daughter, specially chosen because they had daisies in and also a chick plant stick.....such treasures :)......(with added bluebells from the garden as there are so many this year)..............
 .............my bunny inspiration continues and below is the little bunnies quilt being made from some soft and pretty tilda scraps.............
..............luckily i found a big enough piece of this birdie fabric in my stash that i wanted to use for the backing .............
 ..............it was a relaxing evening of sewing hand quilting this little quilt...........
 .............and here it is finished.............the pattern is in my etsy shop...............
 .............here's some cheery garden news............some of my later flowering tulips were pink!!.....well, deep pinkish red anyway :)........
 .......the pretty clematis below is one we've planted this season to replace an old one that used to grow up the back of the house beneath the bathroom window.....
 ..........and here is a sunny garden view with blue sky which we are lucky to have seen a lot of this easter weekend....it's been glorious weather all weekend just perfect for garden days and egg hunts...
 ..............meanwhile waiting in my sewing room is this new tilda fabric called lazy days......
 ..........and i shall be sewing with it very soon.....thank you for visiting me dear readers and for your sweet comments...........wishing you a wonderful week ahead with plenty of happy crafty times.......off to water the seedlings in my greenhouse now....but i'll be back again soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

10 comments:

Little Quiltsong said...

You did have beautiful weather for Easter. Our rain also paused long enough for us to enjoy two wonderful days without it. Lovely tulips and gardens - and your bunnies. Love those smiling faces. Enjoy your 'new' week!

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Yes I think you can definitely say your tulips are pink Helen!! :)
Love all your new fabric and the little bunny quilt is of course beautiful.
What a pretty posy from your granddaughter!!
So glad you had a lovely family Easter and that the weather behaved itself beautifully for us all.
Happy new week,
V x

Jacky H said...

We have been so lucky with the weather. Our grandchildren are such a joy to have, seeing thing though their eyes life is so simple.
Your garden looks stunning.
I can't wait to see what you do with you new tilda fabric.
Have a lovely week Helen.

handmade by amalia said...

Beautiful as always, Helen. I hope you had a lovely Easter weekend.
Amalia
xo

Cherie said...

I do look forward to seeing a that you have written new post. ... I love looking at the pretty things you make

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's your time of year my friend....Springtime! When all of your sweet bunnies can play! Love the colors that inspire you. Hugs!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

As always, your blog photos are beautiful.
I am so happy you had a delightful Easter.
I just love your gardens and little handmade quilts.
I hope to make some of your bunnies very soon.
Enjoy your every warming Spring days
I love the new fabric pile!!

butterfly said...

Another very pretty post , love it.

Rhona said...

I'm so in love with those cute little bunnies on the quilt! Gorgeous fabrics you have to work with. Happy Spring :)

Teresa Kasner said...

I'm glad you had such a nice holiday time with your family. We're having fun at the beach and have had lots of visitors. I saw whales spouting out our caravan window today! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)