Monday 29 April 2019

April Days

 Happy new week dear readers...............i can't believe that april is almost over.......such a lovely month.......this little pentagon ball made from tilda apple butter fabrics is my project in the latest issue of crafts beautiful magazine..........
 .............it is part of a project which also has a little cross stitched matching card.....and below is a peek at the magazine page..............
 .................meanwhile at the start of the week the weather was glorious and i took lots of garden pictures while i was out there weeding and planting.....
 ............including these of my heartstrings quilt............
 ............love the picket fence my hubby made me in the autumn........and love seeing the flowers growing up around it now.............
 ............however, after our few gorgeous sunny days we suddenly had a huge storm....the full experience of gale force winds and lashing rain...........lots of the tulips lost their petals and lots of blossom was dashed to the ground as well as young leaves off the trees............
 .............the daisies were ok though :)..............and the seedlings in the greenhouse were too........here is the seed tray we brought back from our visit to the beautiful garden at great dixter now growing lots of cosmos seedlings.........
 ............so while it rained and blew outdoors at the weekend i cleared and tidied my sewing room.....we needed some photos of it and tidying was certainly required first..........below are some of the little doll quilts i've made with two tiny bunnies on top.....(all the patterns for the bunnies in this post and the heartstrings quilt can be found in my etsy shop)...............
 ..........and here's mabel looking out of the sewing room window at the rainy stormy day....(probably hoping the wisteria would not be damaged)................
 ............apart from a few little purple flowers on the patio the wisteria is unharmed and growing well......such a show stopper.......hope to take a full photo of it all this week.....
 .............and here is a sweet little viola that i'm enjoying indoors for a few days before i plant it out....
...........thank you for visiting here lovely readers and for your kind comments...........don't forget that you can still enter the giveaway on my previous post to win tickets to the amazing Festival of Quilts 2019....................wishing you a wonderful week with sunny days and lots of crafty inspiration.....back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

13 comments:

Farmhouse Quilts said...

Your photos are always so lovely! You have a real talent for taking the best ones. And I love your heart quilt. It looks perfect on your white picket fence. Thank you for sharing all that loveliness ❤

Farmhouse Quilts said...

Your photos are always so lovely! You have a real talent for taking the best ones. And I love your heart quilt. It looks perfect on your white picket fence. Thank you for sharing all that loveliness ❤

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Springtime in the UK is just glorious and I have enjoyed visiting your pretty garden. We were in England this exact time last year and seeing your pictures brings back lots of lovely memories. Have a great week xx

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Goodness Helen, I think little Mabel is very wise watching from inside, the weather has certainly taken a downturn ... the poor plants and I too was very sorry to see many fresh new leaves lying on the ground. :(
Your magazine project is so pretty, it would make a lovely gift!
I have to admit I'm just a little jealous of your beautiful wisteria, I would love one!! That is such a lovely little seed tray too, isn't it wonderful to see all the little seedlings pushing through.
Happy new week my friend,
V x

Teresa Kasner said...

Your pretty picket fenced flower garden is truly a magnificent place.. I would love to have one like yours. Only 2 more sleeps and we'll be heading home from our 12 days at the beach. We just had one of the best sunsets of our stay. I will post it on my blog soon. Your quilt looks so at home on the pickets with flowers around. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

butterfly said...

One of my delights of each week is to see your lovely post .
Love your garden flowers and all the beautiful sewing .
We also had those bad gales I was outside yesterday picking up the torn leaves and cutting the heads from the damaged spring flowers .
Enjoy your week.

Rhona said...

Another wonderful post with amazing pictures! Love your quilts - and how you photograph them, they look wonderful in your garden. Wonderful projects in Crafts Beautiful.

Jacky H said...

Hi Helen such a beautiful garden. I think Mabel has got a front row seat.
Your quilt is stunning what a lovely design.
That's on my to do list. It just keeps getting longer.

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Every cottage surely needs a white picket fence! Love it as a backdrop for your quilts and the beautiful flowers. I always love your posts and look forward to them. We have a few violas in a couple of pots that came up on their own from last year. I'm very happy to see them and know that they survived our zero temperatures! They are truly amazing little beauties.. same with some little pansies that survived. Your bunnies are all so darling! Hugs.. Marilyn

Blondie's Journal said...

I feel so badly about the heavy storms you had, Helen, that caused such havoc in your garden. We often have heavy rains here in the Midwest, and my daffodils really take a beating-- falling over and getting muddy. The tulips fare much well.

Your quilts are lovely and more so, they shout "Spring"!

Jane x

Christine B said...

Your garden looks as though it is an absolute delight Helen and I hope that the storm didn't do too much damage! Lots of pretty projects too and I love the photo of Mabel looking out of the window!! Hope you are enjoying a wonderful week!! Christine xx

Winkel's Crazy Ideas said...

So much loveliness ❤! Pam

Jo said...

Eye candy as ever. I am making a postage stamp quilt and I still keep coming across some crumbs from the ones I won in your giveaway last year - such a delight. Jo xx