Friday 1 April 2022

Quilts and Flowers

Hello again dear blog friends and happy april to you all........there are lots of quilts around this week....old ones and new ones, and some pretty flowers too...........
..........this is the blue flower pots quilt, and the pattern is new in my etsy shop (link in sidebar)......
...........my garden often inspires my designs and flower pots large and small are often featured in my work.......stitched, painted, drawn, or appliquéd......
.........these little flower pot blocks remind me of the vintage flower cards and tea cards i collected.....
.........it will be used as a wall hanging.......
.........the quilt was beautifully longarm machine quilted for me by debbie holland of longarmquilting .com.......love the pebble or bubble pattern and the texture it creates......
..........it was good to get this little quilt pattern finished and there are quite a few more in the to do pile at the moment........
...........now come some flower pictures.......a gorgeous mother's day bouquet.......
............pictured here with my gather the flowers quilt........
.........and in one of my favourite greengate jugs.......such gorgeous flowers with a lovely scent too......
.........one more quilt stack picture in my studio, feeling spring like and enjoying these fresh floral quilts....

 ............thank you for dropping by to see me here lovely readers and for your very kind comments.......hope you have a happy week with flowers and sunshine......take care lovelies...back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

12 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Beautiful quilts as always Helen ... I love your little flower pots quilt!
Such pretty flowers too. :)
Wishing you a wonderful weekend lovely and happy April.
V x

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Love the flower pots quilt! It is pretty without being too girlie. It feels like a quilt that can grow with a person as they age. Your Mother's Day bouquet is beautiful. The flowers would make a nice fabric print.
Happy April!

Linda said...

Beautiful colors in your flower pots quilt!!!! It looks like a fun project. 😊

butterfly said...

I adore your lovely plant pot quilt so pretty .
Lovely flowers to just warms your heart ,
Happy April.

Christine B said...

Such a beautiful post as always Helen. Just adore your little flower pots quilts such a sweet design! Have a lovely weekend and I hope your plants and shrubs haven't suffered in the cold weather we have been having! Christine xx

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Everything is so pretty -- the colors and patterns so lovely. Happy April.

Little Quiltsong said...

Happy April, Helen! Love your sweet flower pot quilt and your lovely mother's day flowers. Enjoy a wonderful weekend!

Sue Crosby said...

Happy April from Washington State. It is still too cold and frosty here to have any flowers popping up let alone planting anything. So it was so much fun to see your flower pot quilt with bright colors and beautiful stitching. I would love to make one and I really like that it is a size for a wall hanging. I look forward to every Friday to read your post. You always make me smile and you're a great source of inspiration for me.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

April is here and your flower pot quilt is adorable.
I hope you are enjoying some delightful days.
We will wait and see if April is less moody than March was for us on the east coast of US. Yesterday was delightful to walk outside with my 98 year old daddy. Today the wind is kind of pushy.
So, each day, I am grateful for sunshine, and your beautiful blog always makes me enthusiastic.
I want to make those flower pots!!

Jill at emeraldcottage said...

your bouquet is just gorgeous, lovely vintage-y colours. I also love your flowerpot quilt, such fun!
Jillxo

Lorrie said...

Such a sweet flower pot quilt, Helen, and lovely Mother's Day flowers. Spring is such a hopeful time of year. April has been rainy and windy here, but the flowers are beginning to bloom and bright greens are everywhere. Have a great week.

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Dear Helen... as usual.. a little bit of Spring in my inbox is always SO appreciated! Everything is so bright and cheerful and colorful.. and all my fave colors and pastels. Your flowerpot quilt/wall hanging is just darlng. I wish I knew how to applique.. but don't know if I could do hand applique by hand now as my thumbs are not working as well as they used to! I would have to machine applique I think, if I knew how. Your flowers are just gorgeous too.. love the pinks and purples.. and your pile of quilts with the little birdies on top is just darling. I love those little birds and have bought the pattern from your Etsy shop! I've had it awhile and still haven't made them. One of these days I will...... have a nice week! Marilyn