Friday 15 April 2022

Happy Easter

Hello lovely readers......we have lots of pretty colours today to celebrate the easter weekend.....above is the little log cabin doll quilt made with belle and boo easter fabrics for the central squares.....
.....and here is my new easy baby quilt.......made with simple squares of sherbet coloured fabrics including novelty prints, florals, stripes and dots....this was hand quilted and it was very enjoyable to sew.....
.........easter egg wreath and goosie are back for another season (the wreath was from gisela graham and the goose was from maileg)....... 
..........a close up of the quilting on the easy baby quilt....the textures and the blend of candy colours are what appeal to me......(the pdf pattern for this quilt and the log cabin doll quilt are both in my etsy shop, link in sidebar)......
.....rolled up quilt....love seeing different fabrics appear next to each other....yes, i just love fabrics :)
...........below are some fabric eggs in sweet spring colours........
........and this week's quilt stack features two sugar bunnies, lettuce and miss lemon, on top......
...........i put some of my fabric eggs into the old wooden egg cupboard......
..........daffodils on one of our walks this week.......a big drift of them beside the old church, so bright in the sun shine.......
...........and in the greenhouse some gorgeous bellis daisies......i have a lot more to enjoy now as a lovely friend gave me a packet of seeds last year and many are popping up again around the cottage garden....
...........getting ready for a family easter this year, doing lots of preparation today for my younger daughter and family coming to stay, and all of us being together on sunday for the garden egg hunt.....
.....thank you for visiting me here dear readers and for your kind comments.......wishing you a happy easter weekend and sunny cheerful days ahead.........take care lovelies......love and peace..........back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 

10 comments:

Linda said...

Oh my gosh, Helen, I want to live in your world! The little rabbit under the colorful quilt is just so sweet. All your creations are beautiful, as well as your flowers! Thank you for all the eye candy. I look forward to your weekly posts. We need this beauty! Happy Easter!!! 😊

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Just love that little bunny in bed snuggled under her quilt :). Your new little quilt is very sweet too and how cute are your eggs in the little cupboard!
Pretty flowers too including the 'Helen" daisies. :)
Enjoy Easter with your lovely family my friend,
V x

Little Quiltsong said...

Happy Easter, Helen! Enjoy your Sunday Egg Hunt and time with Family! Love your sweet Baby Quilt and Doll Log Cabin Quilt. Both are so bright and cheerful. Beautiful hand quilting.

Lorrie said...

So many sweet scenes. Love the bunny all tucked in under her quilt. Happy Easter, Helen.

Jacky H said...

Such a pretty blog to read I love your bunnies.They look so cute.Your quilt is so colourful especially like how you hand quilt. I have not tried it yet.
Happy Easter Helen.

butterfly said...

Love to visit your Pretty post.
Full of Spring .
Happy Easter .

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Your post from across the seas brought such a smile to my face! Your sweet bunny all nestled under the pretty quilt can't help but bring a grin. I love all the wonderful pastel colors.. they speak to my soul too. Oh.. and the eggs in the little cupboard.. be still my heart! I love your fabric eggs.. have never attempted to make one. And oh such pretty flowers popping up everywhere.... in your world, it looks like Spring has sprung! Have a wonderful Easter with your family! Marilyn

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Happy Easter Helen.
I love this post with the sweet tiny quilt and the baby quilt and the bunnies. I love the goose from maileg too.
I hope you enjoyed a lovely day with your family.
Our Easter was so so quiet but I spent it with my 98 yo daddy

Christine B said...

What a beautiful Easter post Helen! Love your new baby quilt! Hope you have had a wonderful Easter weekend. Hugs Christine xx

meandmysmallcorner said...


Love the fabric eggs. So pretty x