Friday 25 March 2022

Spring Flowers

Hello dear readers....it's been a sunny week here and increasingly a flowery week too....
.........as well as sewing flowers on my new quilts, i've also been sowing flowers in trays in the greenhouse....and photographing flowers in my garden....a few more each day....
.........the top picture is the beginning of my vintage version of the flower pots quilt and the next two pics are of my spring nine patch quilt (both patterns are in my etsy shop link in sidebar)....
.........the little hen is also reappearing as are the pretty fabric eggs.......
.........and last week's stack of quilts had some primroses in an emma bridgewater mug in the picture too...
........each day a new flower opens in our garden.......
..........some have self seeded and pop up unexpectedly....and are always welcomed.....
.......the flowering currant is in full bloom now in our own garden and many other gardens in the neighbourhood....especially striking against this week's bright blue skies....
........sweet violas in a terracotta pot.....i just love these pretty little flowers.......
..........and some more in the greenhouse.....so pretty .......the seed trays (also in the greenhouse) have not shown any signs of growth yet.............but soon :).......
...........thank you so much for coming to see me here dear readers and thank you for your very kind comments last time (and sweet emails too).....they mean a lot......wishing you a happy week ahead with flowers and blue skies and sunshine...and hope in all our hearts for peace and love in this wonderful world of ours.....take care lovelies......back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 

10 comments:

Christine B said...

Beautiful post Helen. I love seeing all your flowers both in your garden and on your quilts. Always so pretty. Have a lovely weekend. Christine xx

greenrabbitdesigns said...

So lovely to see all your pretty flowers Helen, both real and stitched ... I have some of those beautiful little purple primula too .. so lovely.
Like you I'm on seedling watch, my lovely sweet peas that you gave me are coming on so well.
Happy weekend lovely,
V x

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Both quilts are lovely. The nine patch looks to be at my quilting skill level. :)

butterfly said...

Your one of my highlight blogs of the weekend .
So many pretty photos , makes me want to stitch and sew right now .
But it's been such beautiful weather here in Devon I have been in the garden with my coffee and my Spring plants. Enjoy your week.

Little Quiltsong said...

So many pretty flowers blooming around your place already - lovely, lovely pics. Love your quilts and applique flower pots. Makes Spring extra special. Enjoy your weekend, Helen!

Diane said...

Pretty new life appearing in your garden and on your quilts. So wonderful to enjoy this with you. Thank you Helen.

Diane from down under

Jill at emeraldcottage said...

I love your vintage flowrepot quilt blocks, they are fabulous, so pretty.
You certainly have a lot going on in your garden!
Jillxo

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Happy Spring time Helen
March is still a very moody month. we had snow yesterday and now heavy wind. Last week it was so warm I was wearing shorts.
April is a little bit less volatile but Spring is always exciting.
Wonderful that God created such hardy plants to give us hope even on the coldest days.
I adore your flower baskets, and patch quilts are so nice.
Everything you share is sweet

Jacky H said...

Hi Helen what lovely quilts I particularly like the 9 patch.
The flowers in your garden look wonderful.
Spring is certainly here especially after the week we have had.

Fabric Fairy said...

I love your blog. The flowers are so pretty and cheerful. Have a blessed day.