Friday 8 April 2022

Sweet Spring

Hello again everyone......here are some spring inspired pictures from my week......
...........lots of floral quilts and lots of spring flowers, including pink tulips (part of my lovely mother's day present and lasting a long time)......and also auriculas grown on from last year, and minnow narcissus....
.........a sweet little spring faux floral wreath with a romantic feel.......
.........lots of fabric eggs and little hens appearing for my easter decorating (patterns in my etsy shop link in sidebar).........below one of my two little crabapple trees with delicate pale pink and white blossom......
..........at the weekend we put up a new obelisk in the garden and planted a clematis and a rose next to it....the box hedges will be trimmed when the risk of frost is over.......
......it was lovely to spend time gardening in the warm sunshine again....good for the soul.....
............some new little cross stitch signs to make to decorate for spring........(also in my etsy shop)
...........the pretty pink tulips with my daisy quilt..........and below on a woodland walk this week.....lots of fallen trees from the storms and stacked up logs while around them wildflowers are happily growing.....
.........ducks in our garden!.........they are not our ducks but each spring a pair come and visit us for some quiet time on or near our little pond........the wire fence is round it to stop small grandchildren and our dog molly from falling in......
..........and below is a very bright deep pink crabapple, my second little tree.......
...........the past couple of days were quite chilly, just as an english spring often can be......but still there are so many lovely moments, flowers and creatures to enjoy.........bumble bees, butterflies, tiny birds.....and so much blossom in bud........
......thank you for visiting me here dear readers........and for your kind comments too, so special to hear from you.......take care lovelies.....wishing you all a happy, creative, sunny week ..........love and peace.........back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 

11 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

The faux floral wreath looks real. It is beautiful. The ducks are charming. Maybe one day they will have a nest.

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Your photos are such a joy Helen ... your crab apples are so beautiful!!
I love your little duck friends, how absolutely wonderful to have them visit, such a privilege.
So many pretty sewing projects too ... I need to make the 'In the Garden' sign. :)
Happy weekend my dear,
V x

butterfly said...

Happy Spring , love your Spring decor ,
Your lovely photos are so inspiring .
Spring is the best season for me .
I love spending time in the garden .
Yours always looks so pretty.
Have a fun weekend.

Kay said...

Beautiful.

Little Quiltsong said...

Oh my, Helen! So many lovely, lovely Spring pics and happenings in your area of the world. Love seeing the lovely flowers and your garden with the obelisk placed, ready for the climbing roses. Also your beautiful quilt pics - and visiting ducks. Everything is so, so beautiful. Enjoy and have a lovely weekend!

Christine B said...

Such a beautiful Spring post Helen, just gorgeous! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Christine xx

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

I love your spring photos! Your pink tulips are gorgeous.. and the pink crabapples... I have a new crabapple tree I planted a couple of years ago, and it is doing well and had tons of gorgoeus blooms last year.. I hope this year is the same. They are the dark pinks. My lilac bush is getting ready to bloom out, though we've had nights below freezing so I'm hoping they all make it. I had to cover my blueberries! Love all your pretty spring quilts and the basket of eggs and chicken! It makes me want to get my sewing machine out! Take care.. Marilyn

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Just beautiful Helen.
You make my day sunny and full of hope

Judy Hartman said...

Hello Helen, it's Judy Hartman from Instagram. I just popped by to enjoy your blog and what a treasure it is! So much beauty in so many different forms -you fill the world with freshness and cheer and it's such a pleasure to know you virtually!! Love your quilts, stitcheries and flowers! Enjoy the Springtime! xx

Jill at emeraldcottage said...

I love the ducks that visit your pond! How cute are they ?!
Jillxo

Ateh Nour said...

Hello friend
Its so good,
so beautiful