Friday 24 February 2023

Inspired by Flowers

Hello dear readers.......back today with a whole bunch of flower inspired pictures and projects.....
..........starting with a new cross stitch design....this is my daisy seed packet pattern.....
.........it makes a cute ornament for spring or a sweet little pincushion for garden lovers.......the pattern can be found in my etsy shop link in sidebar........
.........flowers have always been a big inspiration for me.....as a textile student we were taught plant drawing as an essential part of designing for fabrics but i loved flowers long before that, from earliest childhood.....
........floral fabrics like the ones used on these birdies are so inspiring to me for my patchwork makes....i love how the colours look together and how pretty the different floral designs look when combined......
..........at the moment i'm especially inspired by japanese florals and by tilda floral fabrics.....
........above is my flower square pincushion and below is my work in progress vintage log cabin quilt in summer garden flower fabrics.......
...........this little cupboard in my studio is filled with flowery quilts........
..........and there is another floral bird and a flowery patchwork heart too.......
............on a walk this week we saw a bank of violets blooming......and below a colourful drift of crocus and snowdrops in the churchyard.......
..........these little birdies are made from my patchwork bird pattern in my etsy shop....this time i've added little wheels to them....(or wooden buttons)....and a string with a bell to pull them along........

 ......thank you for dropping by to my little bit of blogland lovely readers and thank you especially to those who leave me a comment....so lovely to hear from you.........wishing you a happy week ahead with sunshine and flowers and lots of crafty inspirations............love and peace.............back soon xxxxxxxxxx

5 comments:

Linda said...

Happy Friday, Helen!! I love the Daisy Seeds pillow! It's really beautiful!! 😊

greenrabbitdesigns said...

I'm really enjoying stitching my seed packet Helen, such a pretty little design! 🌸
Love those little birds on wheels. :)
How lovely to find that little patch of violets.💜
Wishing you a lovely weekend my friend,
V x

butterfly said...

Lovely little cross stitch , sweet spring flowers ,
I love the sweet birds , Have a happy weekend , hugs June.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Seed packets warm the heart. Lovely designs

Christine B said...

Such a beautiful Spring blogpost Helen! Fabulous! Hope you have a good week! Hugs Christine xx