Friday 17 February 2023

Spring Things

Hello dear readers....it's a bright sunny day here and the whole week has been feeling quite spring like.....
..........and i've been sewing carrots for my spring decorations........
......i love fabric carrots and think they will be nice with the bunnies for easter.....the pattern for these is in my etsy shop link in sidebar........ 
......we had a lovely valentine's day and here is the loveliest gift....a blue and white striped cornishware mug with a tiny heart and a matching biscuiteers biscuit...such a sweet duo and perfect for me as it matches my quilt........i *might* have mentioned this to my hubby in time for valentines day......
........such a lovely time of year as the tulips in the shops are plentiful and the ones in the garden are all showing promising green shoots......
..........below is the gorgeous biscuit......how could anyone eat it??.........
...........this is my heartstrings quilt and it's not just for valentine's day.....i love heart quilts so much and am always thinking of another version to make.....the pattern for this one is also in my etsy shop.......
............on an outing this week to a nearby botanical gardens we saw drifts of crocus beneath the trees....
........and pots of tiny iris......such deep shades, and pretty markings.......
.........below are some of my kitchen bulbs and spring flowers......the scent of hyacinths here is very strong and delicious.......
...........and a few more carrots for my final spring picture..........(the orange fabrics really did come in handy after all).......off to sew a quilt now and later to tend to my greenhouse pots.......i actually did a whole afternoon's gardening in the cottage garden this week and it was lovely to see the new shoots and buds there..........
..........thank you for dropping by to see me dear readers and for the kind comments you leave me......wishing you a happy, cheerful week with sunshine and flowers and crafty inspirations.........take care lovelies............peace and love..................back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 

6 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

The carrots are lovely
Funny, quickly opening your blog I glance at hello and read hello rabbits as I look back at the carrots.

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Your carrots are fabulous Helen ... I have mine all cut out and ready to sew. 🥕🥕
I love your Valentines gift ... sometimes husbands need pointed in the right direction!! ;)
It is so lovely to see all the spring flowers coming into bloom!
Happy weekend lovely,
V x

Beverly said...

The carrots are adorable! Thank you for posting, and the pattern. I discovered you on Pinterest today.

butterfly said...

Love the carrots what a great idea.
Thank you for your Spring blog , brings Spring alive .

Christine B said...

Beautiful Spring post Helen! I love Spring and your visit to the gardens looks lovely! Hugs Christine xx

Evelyne said...

I love the carrots an d plants.
I made also a heartstring quilt and I love it too!!
Have a nice weekend Helen