Friday 3 March 2023

Rainbows and Radishes

Happy March dear readers.......lots to show you today...it's been a busy week in the studio, making things and finishing things and writing things and taking photos......here is my rainbow quilt......
...........made with many scraps of beautiful tilda fabrics  which form a rainbow down the quilt......
.....the pattern for this is new in my etsy shop link in sidebar.........
.....close ups of the rainbow colours and lovely longarm machine quilting by scrapbox.quilting........
.........also new is my radish pincushion and scissor keep........a cute little design taken from an old garden alphabet chart of mine and slightly re designed.......
......love radishes and their decorative look....probably because of childhood picture books like peter rabbit....and also because i remember a beautiful sunny day in the garden as a small child, when my mother gave me my toy kitchen to play with on the grass, and a bunch of real radishes plucked from the kitchen garden.........bliss.....and they're pink too another reason why i like them :)
.........here's mabel the big bunny in her new spring cardigan with a carrot button and a bunch of fabric carrots on her lap........the little radish on the wall is the scissor keep design above, made as a fridge magnet.......it is also sweet stitched as a gift card........pattern as before in my etsy shop link in sidebar......
..........and my final finish this week is the radish seed packet design.......
......loved cross stitching this and adding it to my seed packet collection........(all are also in my etsy shop as before)..........
...........we did quite a lot of gardening this week and planted seeds in the greenhouse........
........the daffodils are blooming and there are lots of green shoots and buds too......

 ........thank you for popping in to see me here lovely readers and for the kind comments you leave me......and thank you to everyone who buys my patterns and makes my quilts and stitched projects....or who simply cheer us all up with your kind words and thoughts........wishing you a happy start to march and sweet signs of spring.....take care lovelies.............peace and love...........back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

7 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Beautiful quilt
Searching locally for Tilda fabrics. I found a store. They have one bolt left of a gorgeous small floral.

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Such a gorgeous rainbow quilt Helen. 🌈
I really, really love your little seed packet patterns, I can't wait to stitch them all ... just waiting on some more threads. :)
I love radishes too, they really are pretty veg and they remind me of Peter Rabbit as well ... speaking of Peter, your last pic looks like it straight out of a Beatrix Potter book.
Happy weekend lovely,
V x

Gail said...

Those little seed cushions are the sweetest things.

butterfly said...

Wow love your quilt so pretty.
You always put on such a lovely post of candy stitching .
Yes Spring is almost here .
Have a lovely weekend hugs June.

Christine B said...

Your rainbow quilt is absolutely gorgeous Helen. Using your Tilda scraps is perfect! Beautiful cross stitch projects too. Hope your weekend is going well! Hugs Christine xx

Lorrie said...

Beautiful projects, Helen. The quilt is just delightful with the rainbow of Tilda fabric scraps. Radishes are so cute and I love the seed packet design! Happy new weeks to you.

My pincushion said...

All the projects are really lovely and the cross stitch ones are so cute! Wish you a beautiful day.