Tuesday 30 November 2010

Let It Snow

 Hello! The last day of November is here already - I can hardly believe it. This month has flown by and tomorrow we'll be opening the first door of our advent calendars, nibbling on the chocolates and starting the Christmas countdown!
 This little snowman cushion is from a pattern I made years ago. I designed it originally using rich warm folk art colours in a homespun style, and I made one for each of my two sisters for Christmas that year. This year I decided to make a new one using brighter and lighter fabrics and this is the result - a chilly little snowman for a chilly snowy day. I stitched on the little lace bobble edged trim because it reminded me of tiny snowballs.
We have had snow too! Not a huge amount (yet) but more is on its way. I took a picture of our steps before I swept them clear. I hope the roads are clear too!

I'll be back tomorrow. Thank you all for visiting me and for your all your lovely comments. I hope you have a great day, enjoy the snow and the warm cosy times too. x

12 comments:

Rubyred said...

Your time in York looks wonderful! So glad you enjoyed it!
The Snowman cushion is gorgeous! Very festive and bright!
Hubby has bought me your gorgeous book for Christmas! He's hidden it in his wardrobe! My fingers are itching to take a little peek, but I'm being a very good girl, so far!!Love the colour of you front door, so pretty!
Have a lovely day and keep warm!
Rachel x

Pipany said...

Hello Helen and lovely to see you back. It is all so exciting just now isn't it? Christmas on its way, snow even in Cornwall and mulled wine to enjoy...hic! x

Simone said...

The cushion is lovely - especially the snowman's happy little face! We had a thin sprinkling of snow here on the outskirts of London but unfortunately it has now turned to slush! Yuk! I love your front door by the way!

Anonymous said...

What a pretty little cushion!!
Your front door is very festive looking with all that snow, like a scene from a Christmas card! :)
Stay cosy,
Vivienne x

Jane said...

Helen what a super bright happy cushion, I really love it. It is snowing heavily here as we speak and luckily it is my day off work (mind you I am a lucky girl who walks to work).
Keep warm and enjoy the final countdown to Christmas.
Jane x

sylviesgarden said...

Oh Helen what a lovely cushion, so festive.
I love the colour of your front door.
I realise that may be a strange thing to say but it's my fave colour for woodwork. Unfortunately we have nasty PVC so it can't be painted.
Take care x

...Nina Nixon... said...

...let it snow, let it snow!

I love the snowman and we've already got a tin of chocolate on standby.

Nina xxx

Teje said...

Hello Helen! Your snowman cushion is wonderful! I love it with bright colours and many details and the ribbon is like snowballs!
xxx Teje

mynestofyarnandbuttons said...

Hi Helen, love the pillow. I always love the way you incorporate buttons, fancy stitches, applique', and beautiful fabrics. What a wonderful talent. I'm thinking the pillow is around 8"x8"?! Yes, I think winter is upon us....pretty and festive for now. xo Robin

Connys Cottage said...

the Pilow is soooo sweet.


Conny

Anonymous said...

There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also. Keep working ,great job!.

Anonymous said...

Mate. This blog is amazing. How can I make it look this good ?.