Wednesday 1 December 2010

Posting Early

Well here we are at the start of December and here are some Christmas gifts I've already wrapped!!  This year I've been shopping a bit earlier and enjoying it a lot more. Not just things that have to be posted early, like presents for friends abroad, but for close family too. If I see something I like I get it then rather than waiting - like these adorable cards from Julia Crosland. Julia's blog has a fantastic giveaway which closes today, and you can buy these sweet cards and her other artwork here.

I love wrapping little gifts, making small parcels and creating gift tags with scraps of card, paper, rubber stamps, ribbon, string and raffia - all sorts of bits and pieces that are lying around on my craft table, left over from work projects. These adorable heart topped pegs were a little gift from my  daughter Rosie - she knows just what I like!
 I'm not so great at wrapping larger or awkwardly shaped things - I can get in quite a tangle. Sarah, my elder daughter, is the family's gift wrapping expert - when she still lived at home we all used to hand over our gifts to her to be neatly swathed in paper, perfectly folded in and taped.
This creature was the most difficult thing I've wrapped in quite a while - Holly the horse, Charlie's present last Christmas - it took me ages to get it covered in paper but it was patched together eventually - and worth it for the surprise and delight when the paper got torn off!

I'll leave you with this cute picture - a Beatrix Potter snow shovelling rabbit...
Have a lovely cosy first day of December! x



13 comments:

Hazel said...

What a lovely Christmassy post! I haven't even bought all my gifts yet let alone started wrapping them. xx

Anonymous said...

Oh I do love your little Beatrix Potter picture, I'm a huge fan of Peter Rabbit!
Well done on being so organised Helen, I'm afraid i have a bit more shopping to do yet! I do love wrapping presents though!!
Have a good day!
Vivienne x

...Nina Nixon... said...

Now it's you that has got me all inspired today.

Have a wonderful day,

Nina xxx

Mandy said...

Your posts are so positive and inspirational. Thank you! :)

Marigold Jam said...

What a pretty Christmassy post. Love the Peter Rabbit pic.

Jane

Mia said...

Loving all the red&white, Helen!

Lovely packages and cards too, and an adorable Beatrix Potter bunny. This warmed me up wonderfully after a long walk in -20c...

Happy December 1st!

Yours,
Mia

Jane said...

Very pretty packaging Helen. I have done a lot of my shopping but not the wrapping yet. That rabbit has obviously seen the snow outside..yes we have been shovelling too, such a lot of snow but all very festive.
Keep warm,
Jane x

Teje said...

Dear Helen, thank you for a lovely beginning for a Special month! Your packets and parcels looks so sweet and beautiful!
I love Beatrix Potter and her Rabbits! Especially because last year I started to cut pieces for my first real quilt (I got the tools from Santa)watching the same time in tv the movie about Beatrix Potter!!!
xxx Teje

mynestofyarnandbuttons said...

I love your blog early or late. Lovely packaging and cards. Big gifts are a real challenge, lucky you have your daughter. Sounds like you have a very talented family! I'm late too! xo Robin

Barbara said...

How adorable is Holly ... someone will surely fall in love with her!
And thank you for the gorgeous pictures of York which I visited long ago and really loved.
Happy wrapping! Barbara x

Anonymous said...

You've inspired me to get wrapping now and not leave it too late. love the candy canes but feel the same as you - nice to look at but wouldn't want to eat!

Anonymous said...

this is test only .pls del my topic this is test only .pls del my topic

Anonymous said...

Dons
I used this excellent software dRm-Removal and used it for removing drm from itunes protected files a years ago, it did the job well, btw. Then I bought mp3 player and it could't play my wma files so I decided to [url=http://drm-removal.com]convert wma to mp3[/url] with drm-removal. It works perfect! Just some moves, you only need to click "Add" button and choose the folder of wma files. They will convert all the tracks at once at a really high speed. If you have the same problem and need to convert wma to mp3, you should try drm-removal!
I am big addict :) of audiobooks and actually wonder, if it legal. I bought a book (now its mine!) from napster, but may be its drm and I can't copy it to my MP3 player!! Thats dick!! I can remove drm - but what about legacy?

thanks in advance!