Monday 8 November 2010

Something To Make

 A little bit of recycling has been going on here, can you tell? Or it could even be considered as a bit of upcycling perhaps (a word I only discovered this year and rather like!)
                                                  As we've been making lots of these...
                                                       We've had lots of these to spare....
 And when washed and gleaming they were too nice to put in the recycling bin - I wanted to use them for something. So I cut up some pretty craft paper and covered the tin using double sided tape. I added a strip of adhesive ribbon round the top, and a pretty little flowery sticker.
 You could cover the tins anyway you liked, and add all kinds of embellishments and then fill them with lots of crafty things - or even lollipops!
Before I go and start stitching on today's project I must just show you these gorgeous corsages made by the very talented Ginny and available from sweetmyrtle now. I love the two I chose and  have been wearing them a lot on my bag or coat. (The package also included these adorable little handmade cards as an extra treat - what a lovely surprise - thank you Ginny!)

I wish you all a wonderful week and lots of crafty happy times. x

7 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

Love the tins - I have several Waitrose cocoa tins which I have covered with samples of self adhesive border from the wallpaper dept at B&Q! Yours are nicer though and next time I make one I will add the ribbon and flower to mine. Those corsages are so cute too. Have a good week.

J

Anonymous said...

What a clever use of the golden syrup tins, I go through quite a few of them too! Upcycling sounds so much better than recycling, doesn't it!
Beautiful corsages. :)
Vivienne x

Hazel said...

Love your tins! Hmmmm...I'd have to eat a lot of flapjacks! x

mynestofyarnandbuttons said...

Happy Monday to you! Love the idea and to top it off, I have a lovely steel oats tin I thought was to nice to upcycle, so I already have my tin. Love the polka dot paper, I love dots! What a wonderful surprise for you, beautiful Corsages ♥ Hope you have a creative week!
xo Robin

Scented Sweetpeas said...

What a great idea, they look fantastic!

Rubyred said...

Hello Helen, thankyou for your sweet comments! Your tins look so pretty, and you're so right, golden syrup tins are too good to throw in the recycling bin!Love your little birdie pincushion on the last post too!
Ginny makes such gorgeous things! I have her first book and love to take inpiration from it!
Have a brilliantly creative week!
Rachel x

Sue said...

The tins look lovely. I hate throwing things like that away, nice to give them a new lease of life.
Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog.