Friday 15 July 2022

Vintage Style

Hello again dear readers.......showing my lovely new quilts sign first today........
........along with other pretty birthday gifts and a summery quilt stack........
.........here's my traditional red and white checkerboard quilt ready for a gentle wash.......the pdf sewing pattern for this quilt is in my etsy shop link in sidebar........
.........lovely little laundry sign and vintage pegs........so nice to wash the quilts in summertime and hang them on the washing line in the fresh flowery air...........
...........it's certainly been good drying weather here this week.....very hot, though here in our bit of the uk it hasn't been as unbearably hot as elsewhere, luckily..........
.........an outing to a sweet little restored railway station was a lovely trip down memory lane......
.......this is hadlow road railway station in willaston, on the wirral way footpath.......
.....it was permanently closed to passengers in 1956 and has now been restored to have the look and feel of that time.....with an authentic ticket office, waiting room and phone box.......
........love all the signs....so nostalgic.......
.........there was a timeless atmosphere at this little station on a hot sunny day.......
........above is a field of corn at the edge of the woods where we walk some mornings in the shade......and below some of our sweetpeas growing happily thanks to lots of extra watering.......
.....thank you for visiting me here lovely blog friends and for your kind comments and messages.......wishing you happy days, tranquil times and crafty inspirations.......take care lovelies........love and peace..........back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 

9 comments:

Linda said...

What a beautiful red and white quilt!! I love red and white. It's just a bright and cheerful combination. I'm working on a red and white cross-stitch sampler right now and it puts me in a good mood everytime I look at it. It's been in the mid 90's here in Alabama for the last week and very humid. I just want to stay indoors. Love your beautiful photos. Hope you have a wonderful week. :-)

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Red and white checks are a freshening up of Summer.

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Oh my goodness what a delightful little station, just wonderful.:)
Just love your quilt sign and you definitely have the prettiest laundry around.
Happy weekend lovely,
V x

butterfly said...

I really love your blog .
The last quilt is lovely .
The flowers and photos also .
Keep cool June.

Christine B said...

Absolutely love all your signs Helen and the beautiful quilts of course! We are moving soon and we have sweet peas growing in our new garden... can't wait to be able to gather some to bring in doors! Have a lovely weekend.... unbearably hot here in Hampshire! Hugs Christine xx

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Happy Summer Helen. Your quilts are so sweet.
It is very warm here in Northern Virginia 35 miles west of the swamp

it is good to have a breeze. I love all of your pictures you share. Very lovely

Terry said...

I just love visiting your blog. It makes me smile and makes me happy just looking at your lovely pictures and quilts. Have a happy weekend. From Iowa, USA.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The red and white fabrics sure make a beautiful quilt! Enjoy your day! Stay cool!

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Hello Helen! Somehow I seemed to have missed alot of your blog posts! So going back today to look at them.. probably since this one! Your name just suddenly popped into my head today and I thought.. well I haven't seen a post from her for a month or two! so went back and checked and there they all are. Don't know why I'm not getting notice of them.. I always have! This post is lovely and love the old train station, and your pretty red and white quilt! Marilyn