Friday 22 July 2022

Brocante

Hello dear readers.....lots of brocante bits and bobs to share today....last weekend my daughter sarah and i went to the little brocante at gladstone hall, burton in wirral......it was a lovely day, sunny but not too hot (at first)......
....some of the treasures i found are shown here.....a dundee marmalade jar, french mustard pot, cotton reels, vintage wooden pegs and little green glass bottles with labels......
.....shown here with sweet peas and my vintage charm quilt.....
........i bought a pretty flower arrangement too in a zinc container.....we went to the brocante early, soon after it opened and luckily before the day turned boiling hot.......
.........brocante treats are my favourites.......
........here's my vintage charm quilt pegged up with (lovely and sturdy) vintage clothes pegs......the quilt pattern is in my etsy shop link in sidebar......
........whenever i visit these brocantes i always have to stop myself bringing home another white rocking horse :).....i just love them......sweet vintage textiles.......always a favourite too.....
......and here's my vintage hearts cushion with some of my earlier brocante finds....
........as well as a brand new jellyroll of gorgeous french general fabric.......
.........below is a vintage egg cup made into a pin cushion.......
.........when we got home my daughter snapped a picture of me holding the zinc planter of flowers at the front door....the roses match my check dress nicely i think :)......

 .....thank you for dropping by to see me here dear readers........hope you are all well and keeping cool in these hot temperatures (or warm if you are on the other side of the world).....have a happy crafty week ahead and take care lovelies...........love and peace...........back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

8 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Just look at all those lovely brocante treasures ... you chose some pretty things Helen and your planter is so pretty.
Love your new jelly roll, that's going to be something very pretty. :) Gorgeous little egg cup pincushion too.
Happy weekend lovely,
V x

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Love the vintage charm quilt. It looks like a friendly pattern for me to start out quilting by directions.

Linda said...

Hi Helen! Beautiful post, as always, filled with pure eye candy. I love the vintage charm quilt and hearts cushion. Just looking at them makes me want to pull out a project and start quilting!

butterfly said...

Oh I just love vintage .
You have brought some lovely goodies .
I think I would have brought the same .
Enjoy your weekend .

pens and needles said...

I love each and every post from you, but today was especially nice because I, too, love brocante -- only, I didn't know that word until right now! Sounds so much nicer than "used," "secondhand," or even "flea market." Thanks for creating such beauty with your hands; even the way you compose photos is special!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Currently 43 F here so keeping cool is top priority. That is a very pretty picture with your checkered dress and the roses. You found some lovely little things at the brocante.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Excellent finds, Helen
I love old spools of thread.
All of your photos are beautiful. I love sweet peas
I hope you are keeping cool and happy

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Missed this post too! I LOVE your vintage charm quilt! And the shop you visited must have been hard to resist so many things! the little cushions are darling.. and love the jars. The last photo of you and the roses is just priceless! Marilyn