Friday 10 June 2022

Cherries and Roses

Hello dear readers......it's been a colourful week here as all the flowers are beginning to bloom....and here is my freshly finished cherry chains quilt too......
...........this is a very summery design using the irish chain layout with cherry appliqués in the white spaces......gorgeously longarm machine quilted for me by debbie holland.......
.....we'll be using this quilt for summer picnics and on summer evenings .......
.........had to take some pictures of it in the garden of course.......and the pattern is now in my etsy shop link in sidebar........
...........one of my jubilee weekend quilt stacks with monty the sugar mouse.......
.........and the potting shed with some red white and blue quilts and bunting......we enjoyed all the jubilee celebrations very much and it seems a shame to take all the lovely bunting down......
.........as well as celebrating with red white and blue quilts i've been picking roses every day.....now is the time to enjoy them and photograph them and i want to make the most of these beauties.......
.........some of our roses are old ones which were here when we moved in many years ago....some are newer, planted by us.....i usually forget the names after a while though ;).......
.....i just love them......the colours and the gorgeous scents......how the fragrance can fill a room, but delicately and naturally.......and i love seeing roses on my quilts.....sometimes i appliqué fabric ones too as with the vintage charm quilts......
........the candy pink rose here is one of my favourites for it's bright colour.......
..........thanks to my husband for training the roses and giving them lots of tlc....they are all growing well this year........plenty more to enjoy....lots of buds on the rose below......
..........thank you for visiting me here lovely readers and for your kind comments....so lovely to hear from you......wishing you a happy week with flowers, sunshine and crafty inspirations......take care lovelies.....love and peace.....back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 

6 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Gosh your new cherry quilt is stunning Helen, I do love it, there is something so lovely about cherries! 🍒
Loving all your gorgeous roses too. :)
My Jubliee bunting is still up, I really don't want to take it down!!!
Wishing you a wonderful weekend my friend,
V x

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Beautiful quilt design. Summer with a 1950s vibe.

butterfly said...

Love your Cherry quilt .
Your roses are wonderful , I de -head my roses every day from the dead heads and they pay me back with such beautiful blooms .
Thank you for your lovely posts , have a fun weekend Hugs June .

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

I love your cheery cherry quilt! Love the reds.. and your potting shed is so darling, with the bunting and red and blue quilts.... oh so pretty! I LOVE roses too and have a few in my yard. My peach colored one which is a "mmini rose" (forgot the name) has the most wonderful fragrance! It didn't fare the winter too well here though and looks kind of stunted. I deadhead mine alot too during the summer, to encourage more blooms. All of your hand quilting such amazes me! You have such talent! Marilyn

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Sweeeeet cherry quilt. Your gardens are beautiful I love my olden roses very much. I have had to give up gardening. For some reason, mosquitoes think I am a dessert table. Ugh, so horrible.
Maybe I should dress up in a impenetrable (?) or unpenetrable space suit.
It is so frustrating.
Oh well. Your Jubilee bunting is so cute.

Jacky H said...

Hi Helen such pretty quilt especially the cherry one.
Your garden is so full of colour.
Thank you for sharing.
Jacky