Friday 10 December 2021

Feeling Festive

Hello again dear readers....here we are feeling rather festive......first we have a quilt stack in our pink lounge......on an old chair which belonged to my husband's family and which i painted many years ago....
.....the quilt on top of the stack is this one......(it is made using my nautical checkerboard quilt pattern with the colours changed...pattern is in my etsy shop link in sidebar).......
....my christmas checkerboard quilt is made from scraps of minty greens, christmas red checks and snowy white solid.....pictured on the picket fence in between the storms, gales and lashing rain of the past few weeks.....
...........it's a cosy little festive quilt with a fresh feel......and below here it is back indoors on the rocking chair accompanied by a beautifully flowering amaryllis.......
...........more reds and greens now and the little flower square pincushion is on my work table.....
........love the twinkly lights in my sewing room and all the festive decorations around are very inspiring....
..........here is a little sugar bunny dressed in a new striped cardigan ready to celebrate....
..........couldn't resist taking a couple more pictures of my toadstool house too :)......
.........and here is a rustic birdhouse, new to me this season....we saw one like this in the cotswolds and when i got home i wished i'd bought it....but luckily found one online......
......my patchwork birds love it.......
...........and it's a very cosy addition to my festive decorating, surrounded with twinkly lights and candles....

 ..........lots more cosy christmas pictures to come next time.......thank you for joining me here to share my little blog world and thank you for the kind comments you leave me...it's so nice to hear from you....wishing you a happy festive week ahead.........keep safe and well lovelies..........back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

10 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Awe Helen I adore your little birdhouse ... so glad you managed to find one, I know that feeling when you get home and regret not buying something! Your little birds look so pretty perched on it. :)
So much beautiful stitching too with your festive quilt and pincushion.
And your little sugar bunny is looking very festive in her new cardie. :)
Happy weekend lovely,
V x

Linda said...

Oh my goodness, what beautiful quilts and such an adorable little birdhouse!! I love your posts, Helen. They always brighten my Fridays! Thank you. 😊

Lorrie said...

Beautiful cozy images of your quilts and workroom. The chair is such a great place to photograph your quilt stack.
Happy weekend.

butterfly said...

Lovely bird house so sweet .
Your house is looking so festive .
Have a fun week.

Christine B said...

Such a pretty quilt made with such wonderful colours. I adore your toadstool house and the bird house too! Have a lovely weekend Helen xxx

Little Quiltsong said...

Love how you have greens and mint colours in your festive quilt. They look so lovely together with a pop of red. Beautiful bird house - so pretty with your little handmade birds. You always have a gift for making things cosy, Helen! Time to start up our little lanterns around the house for this Christmas season.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Happy Christmas Helen, to you and ALL of yours
As always, your photos and stories are inspiring and encouraging.
Thank you
Enjoy these last few weeks of the year

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

As always, your post makes me want to get in and do some sewing! Your quilts are lovely as ever.. and love the minty green and red checks quilt.. and on the fence is so beautiful. I sure do love that toadstool house.. I looked around Amazon and other sites to try to find a similar one, and had no luck whatsoever! It is so precious. Also.. the birdhouse with your sweet little birds is so cute, sitting on the red and white quilt with the candle lit.. and bunny with her new cardigan is, I think, now ready for the holidays. you make me want to knit or crochet also! I do have my bag of crochet sitting by my chair, but as yet haven't pulled anything out to work on. I like to make Christmas coasters of red and white or green and white, but just can't seem to get motivated. Have a great week! Marilyn

Blondie's Journal said...

Absolutely wonderful that you have taken your own handiwork to create a festive feel for your home, Helen! That's talent and creativeness in decorating! I love the birdhouse. I'm wondering if it's available in the States...at least in delivery and hopefully, not a huge $$$ delivery. Ahhhh...I'm feeling unsure already!

Super excited to see more of your holiday decor. I'll be sharing soon also!🎄

Jane x

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Greens are lovely. The rustic bird house is charming and fun.