Friday 15 January 2021

Rabbits and Rainbows

It might be winter here with lots of cold grey days......but working with colour has always brightened my january days......whether the colour comes from painting designs, sewing with colourful fabrics or knitting with colourful yarn....
........the bunnies lolly and lettuce here are wearing their new spring cardigans which i knitted over the christmas holiday....i knitted a lot in the evenings for a change from quilting and made lots of cardigans for all the bunnies once i'd worked out one that fitted....
........the knitting pattern is available in my etsy shop link in sidebar, as is the bunny pattern and the bunnies quilt pattern too....
.........lots of bright pastels......
..........it's probably wrong to have a favourite bunny but i am very fond of lettuce ; .....
.........the pale pink tulips were left on my doorstep by my kind  daughter as a little treat.....
........and the hyacinths from christmas have had a second set of flowers on three of the four bulbs....
.........little birds now on my tiny quilt cupboard......also in spring pastels....
...........the quilts are all chosen here for bright fresh colours.....
.......and below is a complete stack of them.......
..........there will be new patterns coming soon....i've been very busy this week pattern writing and diagram drawing.......soon i want to tidy out my studio and re organise it......working on my book a lot last year meant lots of things piled up and now it's time for a sort out....
.........thank you for coming to see me here in my little blog space dear readers.......your lovely comments are such a treat too......wishing you a good weekend with happy crafty times and lots of little treats......take good care.....stay safe lovelies........back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 

15 comments:

Gayle Schnepp said...

You are literally a bright spot in my week! Love the little cardigans! Take care!

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Awe Helen such a lovely post .... I just adore those little bunnies in their gorgeous cardies. Pretty quilts and beautiful flowers too ... perfect!
Have a happy and safe weekend my friend,
V x

Crafty in the Med said...

Adorable bunnies with adorable names!! I do like their rainbow cardigans so appropriate for these times;fresh sparkling colours. Lovely flowers from your daughter, little gestures like that just make ones day. Enjoy your weekend and stay safe. Amanda x

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Oh your bunnies look lovely and cozy in their new cardigans. Your daughter is a sweetheart bringing you tulips xx

Lorrie said...

Lolly and Lettuce are adorable in their brightly coloured cardigans. How lovely to have tulips dropped off at your door. Enjoy working in your studio, Helen.

Linda said...

Your photos just make my heart skip a beat, they are so adorable! Thank you!!!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

The bunnies are so very sweet in their lovely little sweaters. Sending warm wishes your way.

Little Quiltsong said...

So many beautiful pics again of your bunnies and quilts and flowers. Love, love the cute cardigans on your bunnies and their smiling faces. Yes, it does brighten up our January days working with bright colours!

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Oh I do LOVE those little birdies! they make my heart sing! Love the bunny sweaters too and all the pretty spring colors and pink tulips! I wish someone would leave some on my porch! No tulips around here in "dry" central Oregon. I so enjoy each of your wonderful posts! Marilyn

butterfly said...

How cute are those little knitted tops .
Another beautiful post thank you.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Happy January Helen.
Busy days here with me. I adore your pictures of the bunnies.
I really do want to make some of these bunnies.
The sweaters are adorable Perfect for windy chilly dreary January

Teresa Kasner said...

Oh Helen, such adorable little sweaters for those precious bunnies! I am sure they are happy to have the extra warmth during the winter! Your colorful post was a pleasant way to spend some time today. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

meandmysmallcorner said...

Beautiful rainbow bunny cardis Helen x

marmarel said...

Ohhh, I love the bunnies with cardigan!
Greetings from Marijke

Barwitzki said...

Jipieee ... these wonderful spring flowers :-) I love your rabbits.
Many greetings to you. Yes, unpacked the sewing machine and off you go.
Happy weekend to you. Viola