Friday 5 July 2024

Seaside Days

Hello again dear readers.....we're back again from a very refreshing break at the seaside.....the first pictures here were taken at penmon point of my penmon point quilt.......(pattern is in my etsy shop link in sidebar).........
..........it was a very hot day with the deep blue sea and sky which inspired me to make my quilt originally..........i love the striped lighthouse and the white cottages against the blue sky......
.........we've often been to beaumaris on the beautiful isle of anglesey but this time we stayed at rhosneigr......
.........lovely view from our patio.....we were blessed with hot sunshine and blue skies.....
..........it's a beautiful coastline and we never tire of walking by the sea.......
...........above is the stylish interior of sandy mount house which is a wonderful place to eat......
............sand dunes and salty air..........with a little white cottage ..........and below some seaside roses.....
..........we went to trearddur bay too and i loved this cafe picture......took so many other pics but too many to include at once!...
.............below is surf point, a 'folly' built in 1906 by a rich sausage manufacturer (palethorpes for those who may remember that brand!), a home by the sea designed to look like a sandcastle......of course i loved it :).......
...........here it is in the background with my pinwheels quilt which reminds me of sandcastle windmills...
..............we saw some beautiful sunsets from the house we rented, and here is one of them.......

 ...............it was a lovely time and has given me lots more seaside inspiration for future makes as well as feeling refreshed and relaxed with all the sunshine and sea air............thanks for coming to see me here and for the kind comments you leave, it's always so nice to know you are there reading my words :) Wishing you all a happy july dear readers..............take care lovelies...................back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

4 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Awe Helen, I love all your pretty seaside pics, such a perfect backdrop for your gorgeous quilts!
So glad you had a lovely relaxing holiday. :)
Happy weekend my dear,
V x

Linda said...

Absolutely amazing photos. It looks like a heavenly seaside spot, straight out of a novel. Wish I was there. Your quilts are beautiful. I really love the pinwheel quilt. It makes me want to make one. Thank you for sharing! :-)

Gill J said...

Really enjoyed seeing your holiday photos Helen and I can almost smell the sea air. What wonderful weather you had too. Love the 'sandcastle' house which showcases your fabulous pinwheel quilt so well.

butterfly said...

Lovely Photos,
I love it there, such a great place for a holiday.
Have a great week hugs June.