Friday 4 August 2023

Happy August

Hello again lovely readers......happy august......even though the weather here isn't that summery we have some bright cheerful pictures this week anyway.......
......first is a new quilt called the nine patch on point quilt......i really love a nine patch quilt.......
.....this one used lots of pretty colourful japanese florals and some cute novelty prints with white solid for contrast.....
...........the backing is pink gingham and the binding green and white stripes.....
........hubby and i had a little outing to chester at the weekend......we walked round the town, through the park, photographed the ruins and the flowers......
.........and along the river.......
........where we had scones and coffee at table by the river bank, watching the boats come and go.....
........and in our garden the dahlias keep on growing.......
..........maybe next year we'll actually plant a dahlia bed and add some more pretty kinds......
.........they fascinate me with their big blooms and bright colours....have never grown them until the past couple of years........
.......here's an old favourite in our garden.....the pink day lilies.....they were here when we moved in and i've split them and spread them round the garden since then.......short lived but beautiful flowers.......
......thank you for popping in to see me here dear readers.......thank you too for your kind comments and messages to my weekly 'letter' to you.......hope august has started well for you and you have a happy cheery month ahead........take care lovelies...........back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 

5 comments:

Linda said...

Hello Helen! Your nine patch on point is so fresh and pretty. I'm going to try and make one too. I love the look and I really like the fabrics you chose. Those dahlias are amazing. I've never grown them. I live in Alabama and it's just so incredibly hot here, a lot of flowers struggle. The dahlias are so beautiful and I love the colors. Bright colors just make me happy. Thank you for your cheerful post. I love the photos, as always!! :-)

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Thank goodness for your bright cheerful pics Helen because its anything but summery! Its a joy to see your lovely quilts and pretty flowers ... so envious of your beautiful dahlias :)
Lovely Chester, it has been such a long time since we visited there, our children were probably the age that my grandkids are now, so many years ago now but I do remember how lovely it was!
Happy weekend my dear,
V x

butterfly said...

Good Morning , and thank you for bringing in some sunshine ,with your blog lovely quits so pretty , lovely photos of your trip, and your garden flowers are beautiful , have a wonderful weekend ,

Christine B said...

I love your newest quilt Helen and Chester is such a lovely place to visit, we visited in 2021 and I loved it! We are growing dahlias for the first time this year. I really like them and I think I'll add some more too! Hugs Christine xx

Little Quiltsong said...

Love your flower pics. I used to have Dahlias, but had to take the bulbs out each year. They ended up staying at our previous home - the new owners son was a landscaper and loved the gardens. I need to plant some here again - and day lilies - such a beautiful shade of pink. Lovely outing, and sitting by the river with a treat sounds wonderful. Love your sweet quilt - such happy colours in there.