Friday 12 May 2023

Coronation Celebrations

Hello again dear readers.......we are having a lovely week after the exciting and uplifting coronation weekend.......here is my red white and blue coronation dresser......complete with staffordshire dogs....king charles spaniels of course.....
..........it was so nice to see happy cheerful people enjoying this wonderful occasion.......and it all went so amazingly well.....i love the tradition and pageantry of these royal occasions and the beautiful textiles, costumes and embroidery is always a treat to see.....
..........my King Charles III coronation keepsake was on display.......
...........now i think i need to sew one more for my royal collection....but in the meantime here are lots of red white and blue quilts and a trip around the world cushion......all patterns are in my etsy shop link in sidebar......
.........just a few more on this theme....monty and the sunday quilt stack.......
........on top of the little cupboard in my studio........
...........one more keepsake picture, also showing the back of my jubilee quilt with its lovely royal fabric designed by lewis and irene......
.......and now the garden is really coming in to bloom.......suddenly the wisteria has begun to flower and tumble over the back of the house......below is a view outside my sewing room window.......
.........next is the view through our landing window.......
.......and here is a corner of the patio with molly photobombing :).......
.........it wouldn't be maytime without a walk down a country lane bordered with the wafting creamy lace flowers of cow parsley (as we call it....though i do prefer its other prettier name of queen anne's lace)......here is a bunch of it below with my spring nine patch quilt........
..........thanks so much for dropping by dear blog friends and thank you for your kind comments.........wishing you a wonderful week ahead with all the joys of spring........take care lovelies..........peace and love...........back soon xxxxxxxxx
 

4 comments:

sall1234 said...

Hei. så nydelige bilder og farger av flagget. Vi har vår i Norge og nyter fine dager.

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Love all your red, white and blue Helen, your dresser looked fabulous. I love these occasions too and really enjoyed stitching my keepsake.
I have to be honest ... I want your wisteria! :) It's amazing ... Molly definitely thinks so too!!
Happy weekend my friend,
V x

Little Quiltsong said...

Your around the world pillow is especially lovely with all your stacks of quilts. I just love Wisteria, but not sure if it would grow in our part of the country with the long winters. I so enjoyed all your lovely pictures again - always so cheerful.
Enjoy a wonderful weekend, Helen!

butterfly said...

What a great weekend it was ,enjoyed every moment .
Lovely post , always look forward to it .
Enjoy your Sunday ,June .