Friday 5 August 2022

Summer Flowers

Happy august dear readers.....how fast the months are flying by....we are enjoying summer here very much, with plenty of sunshine (though not too hot)......
..........this is my new appliqué cushion inspired by all the flower vases i have around my home......
........the pattern is now in my etsy shop link in sidebar.......
...........this is one of the many little flower vases from this week.....containing a bright dahlia, sweetpeas, some daisies and petunias.....love all the different flower combinations......
......this is one of my older quilts, made from bright floral fabrics (lots of beautiful old lecien florals in there)....
.....it has been well loved and washed so it is very soft and crinkly now and perfect for cool summer evenings......
...........strawberries in summer fabrics too.......pattern also in my etsy shop as before........
.........a pale pink dahlia....i love them all........
...........the little zinc planter i got at the brocante has now been re filled with summer flowers.....
........so many lovely bright colours in the sunshine.....and below is a pot of summer seeds which grew into pretty love in a mist, candytuft and nasturtiums.........just love all the flowers at this time of year......
.......work-wise i am thinking about next season though as well as christmas....but as a designer i'm used to doing that and still living in the moment......have got a few pumpkins out already though.....

 .....thank you so much for popping in to my little blog space and for your very kind comments and messages.....so lovely to hear from you.....wishing you a happy sunny flowery august with peaceful crafty times.....take care lovelies...................back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

5 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

I love your pretty new summery cushion Helen!
So many gorgeous flowers too ... and its ok to have a few pumpkins when they're beautiful summer colours! ;)
Happy weekend my friend,
V x

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Summery beauty!
The cushion is a charmer.

butterfly said...

Oh what beauty on your August post .
I love everything on your post.
The new pillow is very pretty .
Thank you for inspiring me , hugs June.

Little Quiltsong said...

Love seeing all your beautiful flowers - just brightens my day. I have been having problems with bloglovin, so have probably missed this post when first posted. So happy I can follow you on instagram too. Love your pretty quilt and pillow - so super sweet, Helen!

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

All the flowers are beautiful! the quilt is darling....love the pops of yellow.. I don't use yellow much but really love it! Love the darling cushion with your vases appliqued on.. and the white chair holding it and a quilt is so darling. I've always loved those old antique white chairs! Your flowers are gorgeous too.... summer is waning here in Oregon but I still have quite a few flowers with bright blooms. Has been SUPER HOT this entire summer with not a speck of rain... Marilyn