Friday 11 February 2022

Inspirations

Hello everyone.....this week i'm sharing some of my latest crafty inspirations.....one of them is stitching little pincushion ornaments to celebrate this year's platinum jubilee.....the queen came to the throne an amazing 70 years ago last weekend and there are many celebrations planned......
.....i've often stitched royal samplers and i wanted to stitch some little souvenirs......
.....it was a real pleasure cross stitching these tiny sampler style ornaments and the pattern is in my etsy shop link in sidebar.......
..........lots of potential to add charms, beads and ribbons to make these little souvenirs unique ....and they would make sweet keepsake gifts too.......i am having a cross stitching crush at the moment and am creating some more.......
...........my other current inspiration is spring, especially easter time.......the weather has been cold but sometimes the sun peeks through and having daffodils in my sewing room as well as belle and boo easter egg hunt fabric set off my creative thoughts.......
......here is lettuce the sugar bunny in her toys spring cardigan with the pretty easter fabric just before i began to cut it up and sew with it......
......there are a few projects planned for this fabric but the first work in progress piece of patchwork can be seen below.....it makes me think of childhood springtime, the colours and the picture book style makes me nostalgic....will show you the finished make very soon ..........
.........one of this week's outings was to a local garden centre (port sunlight garden centre to be exact)....and what a lovely well arranged place it was......so many gorgeous spring flowers to enjoy.......we bought a few things including seed compost ready to plant the new packets of seeds waiting in the greenhouse.....
...........beautiful camellias, so tempted to bring this home......
...........and meanwhile at home we have bright crocus popping up.........so cheerful to see these colourful flowers after lots of dull days.......
............a last peek at the darker version of my jubilee pincushion.......this week i also stitched one on pale pink aida too......lots more little treasures planned....and lots of quilting inspiration too for next time......

 ...........thank you for visiting me here dear readers.....and thank you for leaving me such lovely comments...it is a real treat to hear from you........wishing you a happy week filled with lots of inspirations.............take care lovelies............back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

8 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Oh Helen I'm totally in love with cross stitching again, I have finished stitching my little jubilee piece, just deciding now which way I'm going to finish it off. Thank you so much for the inspiration, I had forgotten how mindful cross stitch is.
Lots of lovely spring pics ... your new patchwork is so pretty and just look at all those gorgeous flowers ... and of course beautiful Lettuce. :)
Happy weekend lovely,
V x

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Absolutely precious ornaments for the Queen. She is an amazing woman and oh my, she has seen EVERYTHING! She must scream into a pillow every day with just one thing topping the last hahaha
Your cross stitching is perfect.
I adore your bunny lettuce
Spring is coming. We have had cold cold cold windy days, and today it was warm and sunny. I took my 98 year old daddy outside, it was great to get some fresh air. and then we went to the gym, wow, I am in soggy shape but we biked
I think this new quilt is starting to look really sweet.
Happy Week-end dear Helen

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Beautiful cushions, perfect to mark a historical event

Christine B said...

Such beautiful ornaments to celebrate the jubilee. 70 years is a remarkable time to reign. I love the beautiful plants you photographed at the garden centre and your own crocus are so pretty. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Hugs Christine xx

Kay said...

Such lovely cross stitching, I really must do something for the jubilee.

Sheri Wiebe said...

This is the most beautiful blog I have ever seen! I too love quilts and color!

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Everything is so beautiful and cheery. The cross stitch cushion is lovely.. and love all the flowers. We have nothing blooming here yet.. maybe in March we will. Your spring comes very early. Little bunny with her sweater is just precious. I love it all! Marilyn

Jacky H said...

Hi Helen what a lovely way to celebrate the Queens platinum jubilee by making pin cushion.
Have a lovely week.
Jacky.