Friday 7 January 2022

Little Dancers

Hello dear readers....am getting back into posting on a friday again now and here are some pictures of a dottie drawstring bag i've been making.......
.....featuring a little dancer fussy cut from a sweet belle and boo fabric......
...... just absolutely love these sweet and delicate drawings of children by mandy sutcliffe....
......they remind me of my own daughters and granddaughter taking their first ballet steps....
.....and they also remind me of one of my favourite childhood books......
......ballet shoes by noel streatfeild........this is my original copy of the book below......
......i still re read it now and then and still absolutely love the illustrations....
..........lots of little dottie drawstring bags were made by me this year (pattern can be found in my etsy shop link in sidebar).......you can also use the larger scale nutcracker prints for fussy cutting and using on other fabrics as i did with the little bag at the top.....
.........using my sweetheart pincushion this week on my cosy work table.....
..........and enjoying the wonderful scent of these beautiful blue hyacinths on my dresser....gorgeous scent of spring....
.........a garden memory to leave you with now.......we've been summer dreaming here, choosing new plants to order for the coming seasons and planting seeds in the greenhouse....not wanting to wish the time away and as you may know i do love cosy winter days.......but it will be wonderful when the cottage garden looks like this again......

 .....thank you for dropping by dear readers and for your kind comments and good wishes......hope january has begun well for you and wishing you a happy weekend.........take care lovelies....back soon xxxxxxxxxx

8 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Beautiful! The dancers have such grace, they are a calming and classy design. Remembering ballet lessons, a special memory.

Happy Garden Planning!

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Your little ballet bag is ever so pretty Helen!! How lovely to still have your little dancing book as well.
It's so lovely to plan for the summer, I can't wait to get sowing ... and your beautiful garden pic is a great encouragement.
Happy weekend lovely,
V x

Lorrie said...

Such a sweet little ballet bag. It would hold a pair of little girl's ballet shoes in style.

butterfly said...

Love the little Ballet bags so cute .
Enjoy a lovely weekend.

Christine B said...

What beautiful drawstring bags.... perfect for ballet shoes! Love your beautiful garden photos! Hugs Christine xx

Little Quiltsong said...

You have now given me a new idea of and for fussy-cutting, Helen! Love what you did with your cute dottie bag. This would also look so sweet appliqued on a square piece of fabric for a quilt - hmmmmmm :)! Thank you also for the reminder, that summer will come again, with your beautiful flower picture.

Jacky H said...

Hi Helen I love your sweetheart pin cushion. Pretty drawstring bag I love that you have fussy cut them . I think everyone is looking forward to the spring.
Enjoy your weekend.

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Love your little drawstring bags. I have a "thing" for little fabric bags! Don't know why but they are so fun. I'm always looking for one that is "easy".. seems like there is always a glitch when I make one. Love that you appliqued the little dancers on them. I took ballet lessons when I was around 9 years old.... was fun but really not for me! I was not light on my feet! I'm not wishing for gardening weather yet.. am enjoying not having to work outside for a change and just being inside on the cozy winter days. Have a nice weekend! Marilyn