Wednesday 11 November 2020

Quilting Days

Hello dear blog friends......here i am with lots of quilting news....this blue and white irish chain that i made earlier this year came back from the longarm quilter and i love it.....
.....i've always wanted a blue and white irish chain quilt in my collection and during lockdown earlier this year i bought the fabric, cut out the squares with a rotary cutter and chain pieced them.......
......i decided that longarm quilting would be best for this one, even though i am crazy about hand quilting nearly everything this year! ......the swirly pattern was perfect for this and beautifully done for me by debbie holland of longarm quilting.com
........this traditional quilt looks lovely on a wall or on a bed.....
.........and with my cornishware pottery of course......
........and another quilt finish is the pretty pink and green scrappy nine patch that i recently showed you....
.........here are the pretty bellis daisies i found at the garden centre just before lockdown 2....
........i kept a few in the kitchen in cups and mugs to enjoy for a few days and the rest were planted out in the cottage garden......
.......all the hand quilting is finished on this little quilt now and the binding is ready.....
.......the quilting i've been doing has been very relaxing over the past few months and very calming....
.......and next there are some red and white quilts waiting for me...and some toys' cardigans to knit.....

 ........thank you as always for dropping by dear readers.....and for leaving me kind comments....i hope you are all keeping well and happy and enjoying some relaxing creative times this week......take care lovelies............back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

10 comments:

Teresa Kasner said...

Hello my friend from Oregon, USA! I have to tell you that I love that Irish Chain quilt and the swirly quilting is aMAYzing! What a treasure! I am sure your darling daughters and grandchildren are spoiled by you with blankets and toys.

((hugs)), Teresa :-)

butterfly said...

Loved your post and the last one to.
Always a wonderland of stitching .
Stay safe and have a good week.

Little Quiltsong said...

Beautiful quilts, Helen. Love the simple blue and white - reminds me of the lovely blue dishes my mom had. The scrappy one with your sweet hand quilting looks especially lovely with your flowers. I'm also thankful for my own hobbies in these times. I always enjoy seeing your lovely posts.

Christine B said...

Absolutely love both the quilts! The blue and white is gorgeous and the quilting has added such lovely texture! Pink and green are a favourite colour combination of mine, so I just love this quilt too! enjoy the rest of your week Helen! Christine xx

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Spireal quilting is gorgeous.

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Awe Helen I really love the blue and white quilt, so fresh and clean .... of course I equally love the the other beautiful quilt too!! :)
And your pretty little 'Helen' daisies!!
Enjoy your evening lovely,
V x

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Your blue and white quilt is just beautiful - I love that swirly quilting. Blue and white combo is one of my favorites.. though I don't have those colors in my house, but I sure love looking at them! My family used to go to the Oregon coast when I was a child, and stayed in a vacation rental house that had an all blue and white kitchen. I just loved it! This quilt reminds me of those wonderful days of being a child. Of course I also love your quilt with the pinks and greens, also my most FAVORITE color combo of all time! My pink and green bedroom will attest to that! I have plans to make a (simple) pink and green quilt of some sort, maybe this winter. We are having cold nights here and some snow expected this weekend! Take care... Marilyn

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful quilts! I too love handwork. I'm working gon hexies right now. Your flowers are so pretty.

Jacky H said...

Lovely post your book has finally come .
It's beautiful loads of lovely projects to do.
Would recommend it to everyone .

dw90582 said...

Whether you are a Mac or Windows user, your device is always vulnerable to the ongoing cyber thefts and assaults. However, if you visit www.webroot.com/safe, you will be able to secure your computer with the world's best security software, Webroot Secure. As the name suggests, it is a security utility for computers to evade the ongoing web attacks. It doesn't matter what security utility you are currently using on your computer to keep it safe; Webroot is always ten steps ahead of any antivirus to date. 
Webroot login
Office.com/setup
Mcafee.com/activate
Office.com/setup