Monday 12 November 2018

Homely

 Happy new week to all my lovely blog readers....hope it has begun well for you.......here i have not only been sorting out my studio but moving stuff about in the kitchen and having a little sort out there too......
 ............we are putting up some new shelves which will give me lots of new storage and look pretty too..........more about that soon............
 ...............and the studio sorting is gradually getting done but i'm still finding the 'throw or keep' decisions difficult and have put some stuff in boxes on the top floor for now ;) ....just until i decide for sure....
 ...........this is the desk in my studio where the ink, glue and paper crafting work takes place....it's a bit tidier now......
 .............as for my other love ...patchwork....well here is a new mini quilt made of bow tie blocks....
 ............i love these blocks and can't wait to make another......
 ...............also finished is my true blues feedsack fabrics star pillow.....more pics of this coming soon....
 ............cosy candlelight and the mini hearts quilt..........can you tell i'm in a cosy homely mood this week?......
 ...........in the greenhouse are bulbs ready to plant, and lots of seeds to sow for next spring....
 ...........molly and i planted lots of bulbs in the cottage garden this afternoon.....she thought my garden kneeler was a perfect little dog seat........
 ..........i love all the seasons, even winter...but i am looking forward to spring and seeing my new cottage garden filled with flowers......
.................i shall leave you today with some roses (from a flower shop) and some twinkly lights and candles to keep the homely feeling............thanks for visiting me here dear readers and for your sweet comments.... hope you have a happy week ahead with cosy crafty times.........back soon.................xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

15 comments:

Connie said...

It is just pure joy visiting your blog. Soft and charming and filled with pretty objects, tranquil color and peaceful surroundings.
Thank you for another beautiful visit.
Connie :)

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Little Molly is so cute!! :)
I love your beautiful quilts ... in 'Helen' colours, I always think of you when I see those colours together.
Your studio, kitchen and garden are keeping you very busy, enjoy your week my dear,
V x

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Love your last photo of the roses and twinkly lights. I'm feeling "homely" too this week.... funny.. we use the word "homey" but they mean the same thing I can tell. Loving my cozy "Fall" house now that I've moved some things around and now that we have a "real" fireplace cracking in the wood stove we had installed in the old fireplace "hole". Boy what a different a fire makes! We had company yesterday and I put my Fall tablecloth on the table and little twinkly candles.. oh such fun. When I think of you and your blog, I think of pinks and reds.... and I like what the other gal said "Helen colors"... this post is most definitely all Helen Colors! And how fun to be planting bulbs already for next spring. I should have done the same, but now our ground is frozen and spring here is a very LONG way off........... have a wonderful week! Marilyn

Pom Pom said...

Hi Helen! Oh, lovely color combos here today. I spent the morning cutting and sewing. I'm trying to finish a very simple quilt for my sister. It's very miss match-y, but I am loving playing around with the old calicos.

Lorrie said...

It's all looking so bright and cozy at your place. I'm sewing today - rag quilts for the grandchildren for Christmas. Lovely soft flannels left over from making pajamas for them.
enjoy your week!

Rhona said...

Your desk looks so incredibly tidy compared to mine. I know what you mean about those 'throw or keep' decisions....so difficult to make :)
Love your quilts - so pretty.

Teresa Kasner said...

Things certainly are homey there.. I love all the light bright photos. I have some special daffodil bulbs that I need to plant, too. I look forward to seeing your pretty picket fenced garden this spring!! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Gracie Saylor said...

Lovely to see your crafting and gardening and little Molly helping out :) It is dark so early now I have especially enjoyed burning an apple cinnamon scented candle of late...and I admire your twinkle lights! xx

Blondie's Journal said...

Connie said it perfectly in her comment: it's simply lovely to visit your blog! You create beauty in everything!

I often wonder what you do with all of your lovely quilts and needlework. You are always working on something new so you must have a huge pile! :)

Finally, it's wonderful to imagine you planting the bulbs with your sweet pup. Are your temps as low as ours (about 30 degrees every day)? We've had some frosts as well. I missed the boat on planting some of my favorite tulip bulbs. The ground is very hard!

Love across the miles, Helen!

Jane

Christine B said...

Beautiful photos of your lovely studio and garden and all your delightful projects Helen! I love your bow tie quilt! What a darling little dog Molly is, they provide such great company don't they? Have a lovely week Helen! Christine xxx

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Time to plant bulbs is quickly passing. I looked yesterday for crocus.
Lovely photos!

Jacky H said...

Lovely photos I love this time of year.
Getting the garden ready for spring. Sorting the house out for Christmas.
Making presents for friends. It's a lovely time .
Your picture capture all the essences of this time of year.
Your quilts are stunning I want to make all of them.

Mickie said...

Helen,
I love being in a "cozy, homely" mood with candles and flowers. Your mini bow tie quilt is just the ticket. I made a bow tie quilt top many years ago, now I just need to get it quilted. I also need to do some major sorting of my "little house" studio, but there are those many "throw or keep" items that keep getting in the way. I recently told my husband not to let me buy any more fabric, and what did I do today but order more fabric. I think sometimes it is just as much fun to collect as it is to produce.:)
Thank you for sharing your lovely makes.
Mickie Indiana, USA

Jo said...

Looking and feeling very homely over in your patch Helen. Your bow tie quilt is a dream. I haven't quilted in ages, must get back to my postage stamp quilt. Jo x

Jane said...

I'm doing a little sorting myself at the moment and I'm very indecisive so the 'throw or keep' thing could take a while. Your bow tie quilt is lovely and I'm glad you put bulb pics in because it reminded me I still have some waiting patiently in the garage! Have a lovely week. Jane x