Monday 23 July 2018

Poppies and Daisies

 Hello lovely readers...i hope your week has begun well.........here it is hot and sunny again :)...
 ............and i have been looking through my old artwork and doing a bit of drawing again for a new project......poppies and daisies are the main flowers of interest for this design......
 .............flowers have always been an inspiration for me and i've always loved the bright round faces of poppies.....
 ..........i always love to photograph poppy and daisy meadows and never tire of the sight of so many flowers growing in abundance like these.............

 ..........in my own garden poppies seem to come and go......for a long time we had huge ornamental poppies and they vanished eventually..........a friend gave me some of her poppy heads a couple of years ago and the seeds i scattered then have popped up here and there.........especially next to the sweet pea wigwam.........
 .............beautiful poppy fabric designed by the artist janet bell that she gave to me a few years ago and i made into summer cushions..........
 .........and in my (best) flower bed the poppies are opening daily, lots of different sizes and shades all from a packet of seeds............

 .............my de cluttering is proceeding slowly....thank you for your advice last time...i am keeping the birdhouses (all of them) as i do need them ;).......sorting out a basket of patchwork blocks led to me making some new pincushions ( i love making these so much and love having lots of them)....this block is the rising sun block and i think it makes  a cute little pincushion.....
 ............such lovely summer moments....playing in the garden, checking to see what is growing and flowering today....and here is my birdhouse bunting hanging in the potting shed ( it is a project from my book pretty patchwork gifts and you can also download the pattern for this from the sew and so website)...........
...........thank you so much for visiting me here dear readers and for leaving such kind comments.......wishing you a wonderful week with flowers and sunshine and plenty of happy crafty times.................back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

16 comments:

Jacky H said...

It's been such a hot week. Your poppies look stunning. They look like a English meadow.
I love the fabric you have used for your cushion.
Thank you for sharing you beautiful garden..

Mickie said...

Helen,
Poppies and Daisies are the perfect match in a garden or a bouquet. Sadly I have lost much of my daisy patch this year, due to too much water or too much sun, or maybe a fungus. It is still a mystery.
I love daisies in any form, especially a three year old great-granddaughter given the perfect name, Daisy. She has a new baby sister named Willow whom she dearly loves. Little girls are so sweet. But so are little boys!:)
Can't wait to see what your new Poppy and Daisy project will be, you are such a talented artist in so many forms.
Thank you for sharing.
Mickie Indiana USA

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Beautiful poppies...my poppies are blooming too but like you I have had them disappear, luckily they are easy to introduce again!!
Wildflower meadows are so pretty!
Your painting is so beautiful Helen, that poppy is stunning!! ❤️
Have a lovely week,
V x
P.S. I'm glad you kept the birdhouses. ;)

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Helen, Your artwork and photos are as beautiful as your quilt work.

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

I love poppies too, though we only have Californian poppies growing in the garden xx

Kate said...

Helen, your poppies and daisies artwork is as beautiful as your flowers in the garden. I like your idea of a wigwam for the sweet peas. :)

Cindy said...

Those poppies are so pretty and I can't believe how well you can draw them! Beautiful!

Teresa Kasner said...

I love your wild garden and the poppies are amazing. I've never grown them and now I would like to do so. I especially like your watercolor of them. You're very talented! Enjoy your summer.. it is so fleeting.. imagine it's 2/3rds over! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Jo said...

Beautiful artwork - just the week for sitting in the shade painting poppies. Jo x

Christine B said...

Your Summer flowers are always so beautiful Helen and your artwork is stunning! I love poppies too! Hope you have a wonderful week! Christine xx

Little Quiltsong said...

You have beautiful gardens. I would often sow a row of wildflowers in my vegetable garden, just to add some colour. Love your paintings of them - you've capture it all so beautifully! Enjoy your lovely weather - we have finally gotten rain, which was so needed, as our lawns were quite yellow. But on the plus side - we haven't needed to cut grass in 3-4 weeks, which is quite unheard of around here :)!

Lorrie said...

The poppies you are painting are simply lovely. What wonderful work you do in paint and fabric. I always enjoy seeing your makes and projects. Enjoy these summer days. I hope it's cooled off a little for you now. We have very warm temps just now, but the nights cool, so sleeping is not hindered.

Jane said...

Such gorgeous flowers and your painting is so beautiful Helen. Poppies are funny things, mine disappeared this year and yet last year I had so many! Keep cool, we have had no rain now since 19 June and my lawn looks like hay! Hugs xxx

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Your paintings are just lovely.. you are SO talented! Love poppies in any form, whether real or on fabric or painted. Love that house bunting and I have your book.. and need to go look through it again and dream about the pretty things I could make! Marilyn

Elderberry-Rob said...

your paintings are just beautiful, I hope you will do more, it's a real talent to paint like that. I love poppies but they never grow for me.

Maristela Guilherme said...

Muita coisa linda!
bjs