Friday 17 June 2011

Being Creative

 Today I want to share some things from my crafty week....the kind of week I love so much, when I have time for lots of creative things...and to my delight yesterday I received the Kreativ Blogger award from Bluebell of At Home in the Country....do go and visit her lovely blog if you don't already know it as you will love it...I know the award means I should tell you ten things about me...so I thought how about ten crafty things I did this week?
 one...I planted some flowers including this pot of bright, papery poppies...and two I took photos of them...
 three...yes, you've guessed it...I did lots of crochet, even managed some sunny hooky time in the garden once or twice which was blissful... crochet is my new favourite hobby....
 four...I planted up this old metal bucket with some culinary herbs.....and five I cooked a meal with some of them in....
 six...I designed a cross stitch chart for a magazine for the festive season ...seven ...and I sewed a project for another magazine...but as I can't yet reveal those here is my project in this month's  bright and summery Crafts Beautiful...on a theme dear to my heart...the seaside, and lots of red, white and blue, one of my favourite summertime colourways...
 eight...I picked some flowers from the garden and arranged them...here is one of the little jars, I did several and put them arround the house to scent the air and look pretty. I love the mock orange blossom which is out now, its scent always reminds me of the time my younger daughter was born....and nine...I made some cakes (but have no pictures of those as they soon disappeared)...
 and ten...I did some of my quilt, which is progressing a little more slowly than usual because the hooky has got it's hook into me and is taking over a little at the moment....the quilt will have it's own post soon though..
so that's my list and I would like to say a big thank you to Bluebell for giving me the award, it is much appreciated. Thank you to everyone who visits me here in my little crafty space. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend with lots of creative happy times. Back soon. xxxxxx

26 comments:

Coco Rose Diaries said...

Wow Helen, what a wonderful crafty week you have had! The flowers look amazing, I love your bucket of herbs.......beautiful! And the little vase of flowers.........oh I am drifting towards heaven!

Thank you for such a beautiful and sunny post! It has cheered me up no end on this cold, wet and grey day!

Have a super weekend!

Love Vanessa x

Scented Sweetpeas said...

Loving all your creations and plantings :-) I hope the rest of the week is filled with more craft things for you. xxx

Jenny said...

Love your crafty week Helen, your pictures are always so lovely and cheery!! Congratulations on your award and hope you have a very lovely weekend of granny square making :) xxx

mynestofyarnandbuttons said...

Sweet Helen, What a lovely week you had. So creative and such beautiful creations. Love all the hooking! Your flower arrangement is so pretty, do love the orange blossoms too. "Poppies" my favorite olde fashion flower, that and nasturtiums! So happy you received that award and so well deserved!!!!!!!! Have a wonderful weekend. Can't wait to see your finished squares!
xoRobin❤

Simone said...

A lovely crafty week. Your photos look so sunny but we haven't had much in the way of sun all week. I think your sunny dispostion must shine through the blog! You crochet is coming along beautifully too. Have a lovely weekend. x

Crafts @ Home said...

Beautiful, and a very peaceful way to spend a week :)
Sue Xxx

♥ Mary Janes TEAROOM said...

I love your pretty red poppies Helen and all your red, white and blueness..one of my favourite colour combinations too...let's hope for some warm sunny weather for the weekend ahead to match those lovely seaside colours...your crochet looks wonderful by the way!
Susan x

faith76 said...

Well deserved award! Love all the pretty photo's - you look like you have had a very busy crafty week.

I have just got hooked on crochet too x

Leah x

Patty Marker said...

I love how your busyness makes the world a little more beautiful. Have a lovely weekend sweet lady and thank you for the kind comments on my blog. Congratulations on the award.

sylviesgarden said...

Blimey Helen, you have been busy! I feel bone idle now especially as everything you've done looks so lovely.
x

debbie @ happy little cottage said...

I love the herbs in the bucket!! What a fun idea.

Have a great weekend full of more creativity!

Unknown said...

Wow you have had a lovely week, im loving your crochet squares such pretty colours to. Have a lovely weekend, dee x

gillyflower said...

How lovely that you've had such a creative week with so much colour and prettiness when its been so wet and miserable!
Looking at it all has cheered me up as i watch the rain slide down the windowpane - so much rain!
Congratulations to you on your award! Love how the crochet is coming along!
Hope you have a great weekend Helen
Gill xx

Nia-crossstitch said...

Hi Helen - What a lovely surprise I've had discovering that you write a blog! I admire the beautiful photographs of your lovely garden and it's a joy to read about your crafting news. Good luck with the crocheting as it seems to be coming along quickly.
Oh yes, and congratulations on receiving your award!

Regards,
Nia

P.S. I'm a big CK fan too!

salty pebble said...

homely, crafty and beautiful...love your coastal heart- you have a real eye for sweet creations- just my style ;0)
love the poppy and the beginnings of your crochet- ive never got the hang of it- ive tried so many times, i'll keep knitting instead and dream over your piccys xxxx

Catherine said...

A very productive week! I love the colours of the wool you are using in the granny squares! So pretty and fresh! Cx

Madelief said...

Hi Helen,

You had a busy week indeed. I see you are making granny squares as well. I have just started on mine. They are not as pretty as yours yet, but I hope that when I have made a few more, I will get the hang of it.

Happy weekend & I almost forgot: congratulations on your award!

Madelief x

Mia said...

Sounds lovely, Helen, what a great week you've had! And I love your new hobby, those granny squares looks just so pretty! I wish you a happy hooking ;) weekend with lot's of sunshine!

Yours,
Mia

Marigold Jam said...

A very productive week there then! Love the little posy and the seaside heart - my chosen theme for the postcard swap over at Postman's Knock is seaside so it really appeals to me!

Teresa Kasner said...

Pretty, pastel, bright, light, happy, lovely, sweet. That's you, Helen! Thanks for sharing!
((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Hazel said...

What a lovely crafty week! Everything is so inspiring. x

flowers on my table said...

Congratulations on your award Helen, very well deserved! I love it when you have a new post and I can visit your bright, pretty little corner, it is a very uplifting place. I love your herb bucket and your little seaside heart and your crochet is wonderful, cant wait to see what you will make. Have a wonderful weekend, love Linda x

Naturally Carol said...

Hi Helen..if anyone deserves an award for creativity it's you! Your rate of finishes is only equal to the beauty of what you make!

sew said...

Congratulations once again!
With pure grit and determination I too have just managed my first Granny Square - hardly a blanket but certainly a eureka moment for me!
My reward came with the postman this morning when the latest issue of CB mag (with your distinctive creation inside)came through my door just as I had made a cup of tea. Perfect timing!

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Lucky you Helen, what a wonderful crafty week you've had! :)
I love the heart with the little beach hut and all the beautiful flowers.
Your crochet is coming on a treat, it looks lovely!
Enjoy the rest of the weekend,
Vivienne x

Poppy said...

A beautiful post to read on a Monday morning! I would be more than happy with that week.

Lou xxx