Tuesday 14 December 2010

A Little Stitching

 This is the little creature I mentioned I was sewing the other day - Liberty Bear is her name. She is made from soft pink fleece as you can see - I couldn't think where I got the fabric from at first and then I suddenly remembered that it was in a bag of fabric one of my sisters gave me after sorting out her stash. I loved the look of the Liberty fabric heart, and added a little bow too.
 This little bear is part of a gift for a certain baby who I know will love the feel of the fabric and will also enjoy biting it, chewing it and dribbling on it too! It's easy to wash in the machine so that won't matter at all.
 Here is a virtual cookie for you - it's a gingerbread one and it was iced (like the ones in my last post) with the fabulous icing pen (made by Tala, bought from Lakeland, for those who kindly enquired!)...
                                                          And now it's time to relax ....
To do a bit of knitting and cosy up for a peaceful evening. I hope you are warm and cosy too, and all your candles are lit and your fairy lights are twinkling! xxx

15 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

Love the little bear - I made a similar one for my daughter as a baby and she wouldn't go to sleep without it so when it got left behind at Granny's once I had to make Teddy's brother quickly on our return home and we waitied till Teddy returned from his "holiday with Granny" in an envelope!!!

Thanks for letting us know where to obtain the icing pen must look out for those next time I am in the vicinity of a Lakeland store.

Jane

Teje said...

Hi Helen, your Liberty Bear is so beautiful and sweet present for a special baby! I have pink material but who has baby girl...
After all Christmas 'works' it's nice to relax with candles and knitting!
xxx Teje

Hazel said...

Awww what a twinkling post! Love it. Love the bear. What a great idea for a baby gift. xx

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous little bear, it looks so cuddly!
Thanks for the cookie, must look out for that icing pen.
Vivienne x

littlecottonbluebirds said...

I am so smitten to have found your blog. I so miss the colors of England. Here in the U.S. they don't decorate quite the same I miss quaint feeling of home. Your blog represents it well. Thank you.

Hugs, Dani

Naturally Carol said...

All that cute, pink prettiness; I am sure the baby is in for a treat. The soft candlelight on your mantel in the last picture is delightful!

Naturally Carol said...

All that cute, pink prettiness; I am sure the baby is in for a treat. The soft candlelight on your mantel in the last picture is delightful!

Rubyred said...

Hello Helen,
love your twinkley lights on your shelf! Your little bear is adorable, such a sweet gift!
have a lovely day,
Rachel x

...Nina Nixon... said...

So perfect and soft and I love the little heart.

Nina xxx

Julia said...

Hello there!

Oh I do like your little bear, it's wonderfully well made, and may I just say how cosy and welcoming your little house looks? I love the candlestick holder, and the warm glow of those candles!

Sending love
Julia x x x

Jane said...

Helen that lovely bear looks SO soft, it will be perfect for the baby. I have just got home from work and yes my tree lights are twinkling and the house is looking very festive.
Jane x

Simone said...

The little bear is lovely. I am sure she will be loved to bits!!!

Wendy said...

What a snuggly little bear, just lovely. I actually took a deep breath when I read 'time to relax' !!

mynestofyarnandbuttons said...

Hi Helen, I love Liberty Bear, it is so sweet. AND I love everything and anything, Cath Kidson! I notice some of their items on your blog and all I can do is admirer the catalog. I ordered once and the duty and shipping was so costly and all my mugs came broken. I didn't send them back because it would have started the duty process all over again. Oh well, I can enjoy it from afar. Love all your cookie decorating. Yummy! Enjoy the weekend that's coming. xo Robin❤❉❤

Barbara said...

A Liberty bear has suddenly become essential ...!