Tuesday 28 December 2010

Still Making Merry

 Hello! Just popping in with a very quick post - don't want to feel too out of touch during this happy holiday time! I hope you have all had a wonderful Christmas. We have had  such a lovely time with the family. We've been enjoying it all so much, and will still be making merry for a few more days yet. We have lovely friends coming tomorrow and more lovely friends the day after that, so it's still rather celebratory here.
                   New plants and bulbs - some lovely presents bringing the promise of spring to midwinter... 
 All the snow has dripped away here but we still have Snow Bites in the new Pip Studio bowl (next to it is my new pink knitting which has kept me busy when ever there's been a spare moment)....
Soon we'll be eating less of these...
                                                                 And more of these....
   I wish you all a happy time in 'the bit inbetween' Christmas and New Year. Back in a few days. xx

14 comments:

Teje said...

Dear Helen, I'm happy to hear that you have had so lovely time! Your home must be so beautiful with all the festive things!
xxx Teje

Marigold Jam said...

Glad you have been and are continuing to enjoy the holiday with your family and friends. Love the hyacinths a real breath of spring and you knitting looks interesting - love the colour.

JAne

Jane said...

Hi Helen, glad to hear you are still making merry. We are too, it has indeed been a wonderful Christmas spending time with our loved ones...more celebrations to come at the week end too!
Jane x

Crafts @ Home said...

Yes, Christmas is about family and the in between bits are for catching up with friends.... glad you had a good one. What lovely gifts you've received. Sue x

Scented Sweetpeas said...

Glad you have had a fab time and still are :-)

Take care
Zoe
x

Mia said...

What a lovely post, Helen! Tells everything about your fantastic Holiday-time :) And I love the little hyacinth bulbs, they really bring a tiny bit of spring already... Wonderful!

Happy New Year!

Yours,
Mia

Anonymous said...

So glad you're having a wonderful time!
Those hyacinth bulbs are a lovely reminder that spring really is around the corner. :)
Vivienne x

driftwood said...

the in between bit is so lovely isn't it, none of the stresses, and all of the joys. enjoy your friends visits xxx

Bonzogirl said...

you ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cool at keeping in touch.. you festive imp!!! love you loads..jeannette

Simone said...

Thanks for posting in the 'in between' time! I need bulbs! I think I will go out and buy the house some cheery bulbs today! x

...Nina Nixon... said...

My middle feels like it is fit to burst!!!

Happy New Year Helen and here's to 2011.

take care

Nina xxxx

Ingrid Hopson said...

Hope we fell into the lovely friends category. Thanks for the great evening. It was so nice to have a crafty chat. I knitted another pairs of Anna's wristwarmers on the way home, so have my own pair now, which I wore to go shopping in Kingston today.

sweetmyrtle said...

Happy New Year Helen,
Just catching up on your news. your blog is so very colourful that it always brighthens a dull day... and i am doing my tax return today so in need of some cheer.
lovely to see the beatrix potter books... they are so beautiful. we have a colection and my smallest is really inspired by the illustrations and stories too.
wishing you a happy weekend,
warmest wishes to you for a peacful and happy 2011,
ginny x

Anonymous said...

HI HELEN JUST WANT TO SAY THAT I ABSOLUTLY LOVE THE WORK YOU DO I HAVE SEVERAL OF YOUR BOOKS ON CROSS STITCH AND SAMLERS ETC I REALLY ENJOY SEWING THEM FOR MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS. I GO TO A LOT OF CRAFT FARES AND SELL SOME OF THE STUFF I MAKE AND I WAS JUST WONDERING IF I WERE TO MAKE YOUR CROSS STITCHES WOULD I BE ABLE TO SELL THEM TOO. I SEE YOUR BOOKS ARE ALL COPY RIGHTED SO I THOUGHT I WOULD ASK YOU FIRST XXXXXXX