Friday 21 October 2022

Pumpkins

Hello dear readers.....it's pumpkin week here on my blog.......this is my pumpkin quilt......
.....finished ages ago and finally the pattern has been written and its in my etsy shop link in sidebar....
.....the colours of this please me as they capture the bright fresh autumn shades as well as the warm rich ones......when we were in somerset last month i took some pictures of it in the countryside there.....
...........the fabrics are a scrappy mix but mainly tilda and liberty ...........
...........this was hand quilted and i enjoyed sewing it........
........there was just enough of this sweet bonnie and camille fabric left for the backing...... 
..........here is a very big pink pumpkin found last week.....
........it looked lovely on a stack of quilts in the golden autumn light of the sewing room with matching flowers and a sunny garden view.......
............a bright orange pumpkin was brought home too of course, ready for halloween........
..........and below is a picture of the pumpkin patch we visited on a sunny bright day this week......
........soon we'll be having pumpkin soup again, and coffee with pumpkin spice......love all the simple pleasures each season brings...........

 ..........thank you so much for visiting my little bit of blog land here lovely readers.......thanks for the kind comments which are always a pleasure to read.........wishing you happy sunny creative days in the coming week........take care lovelies..............love and peace.............back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

12 comments:

Jill at emeraldcottage said...

What a gorgeous quilt, such beautiful colours. I love the pink pumpkin It's superb!
Jillxx

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

The shape of the pumpkin shows well on the quilt, very pretty.

Linda said...

Your beautiful little pumpkin quilt just made me smile!! I love the colors! Aren't pumpkins adorable? It's still a little too warm for them to last long here, but I love them. I picked up a pumpkin cheesecake at Trader Joe's this morning. Can't wait to try it with some coffee. Thank you for sharing! :-)

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Such a pretty quilt Helen, the colours are so perfect for the season.
Love the pink pumpkin ... we're off to the pumpkin patch tomorrow, so fingers crossed for some sunny pumpkin picking weather. :)
Happy weekend my dear,
V x

Linda, The Vintage Turtle said...

What a sweet little pumpkin quilt with such lovely fabric choices. I just want to wrap myself in it. Also love the big pink pumpkin on the little stack of quilts. What a delightful idea. Enjoying your beautiful autumn quilts. Thanks so much.

Lorrie said...

The soft colours of your autumn quilt really appeal to me. I picked up a pumpkin for the porch today when I was shopping. They are such cheerful things. Have a good weekend, Helen.

butterfly said...

I always love popping over to your blog.
You have some beautiful work; I would love to quilt.
You never know one day I may try it.
Enjoy your weekend.

Christine B said...

Lots of beautiful pumpkins there Helen and I especially love the pumpkin quilt! Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs Christine xx

Little Quiltsong said...

Such a lovely pumpkin quilt, Helen! Love your sweet hand quilting and tiny stars on the side. The pumpkin patch is awesome, and it would be hard to pick just 'a few' to take home. I really miss growing pumpkins on our acreage, where we had the room to grow so many lovely things. But it was often a scramble to get it all in before the frost :)! Wishing you a happy weekend!

Barwitzki said...

You did a great job on this quilt... and hand quilting is particularly beautiful... congratulations.
Pumpkin and autumn belong together... I've already made the first pumpkin soup with chicken stock and a little root vegetables... delicious.
Many greetings to you. Thanks for the beautiful photos of your ceiling.
Good Sunday wishes Viola

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

This pumpkin quilt is just so so pretty... LOVE the soft yellow, golds and peach and a few pops of brights.. and also. the little pumpkin in each "patch" is so perfect! That pink pumpkin is really unusual... looks darling sitting on top of your quilt stack. I love Fall and the flavors of pumpkin and spice! and love the colors.. they are so rich and bright.. and when the leaves turn, they look as if lights were turned on inside the leaves! Hope you are having a lovely Fall.. it is so pretty here in central Oregon! Marilyn

Sara en Marie said...

Lovely soft and warm colours for an autumn quilt!