Friday 28 October 2022

Late October

Hello everyone, from my sunny bright autumnal bit of blogland today........enjoying the last days of october, which has been mild and filled with especially beautiful colours this year.....
........still have a few beautiful dahlias flowering and enjoying some indoors in my vintage marmalade jar.......getting out lots of quilts ready for the chilly days......using my pumpkin pincushion again.......
......and here is my new barn star quilt.......inspired by the wonderful traditional painted barn stars of america.....
.....this will hang up in my home as part of our christmas decor........
..........it is simple and graphic and i love its vintage modern look.......
......also vintage style is my vintage hearts quilt below.......all the pdf patterns for the makes shown in this post can be found in my etsy shop link in sidebar......
......lots and lots of scraps were used for this cosy quilt and some of my favourite small pieces found their way in here.......
..........on our walks this week we have seen some beautiful autumn scenes....berries, birds, landscapes.....
.....twining brambles with clusters of berries.......when i was a young designer i used to paint hedgerows every season and often sold the pictures for cards and gift wrap and other surface pattern products....
.......the sunrise earlier this week was so gorgeous i took a photo.....love a pink sky :).......
.........now we are almost at the end of october and getting ready to carve the halloween pumpkin......looking forward to the festive season and making some treats and treasures......

 ...........thank you for coming to visit me here dear readers.......and for your very kind comments a special thank you.......wishing you cosy creative days in the coming week and hope you keep safe and well........love and peace................back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

8 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Beautiful. Vines and berries have magic. They symbolize freedom and joy. I'd love to see your old designs.

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Lovely autumn pics of cosy quilts, pretty hedgerows and beautiful skies.
I do love the barn star quilt, I am determined to have a go at making one.
It's really hard to believe that we're at Halloween already, I think the mild weather has fooled us all, not that I'm complaining about that. :)
Happy weekend lovely,
V x

Linda said...

Oh, I love the barn star quilt! Red and white is my favorite color combination and I love barns. I live in Alabama near the Tennessee state line and around here you see lots of quilt designs painted on barns. I think it's beautiful. Thank you for another lovely post. :-)

butterfly said...

Another beautiful post love your new quilts.

Christine B said...

Such a beautiful post Helen. Love your new Barn Star quilt and your fabulous vintage heart quilt too. The photographs of the hedgerows are wonderful. I have a daughter who is the hedgerow officer for PTES, so I love seeing photos of good hedges! Have a lovely weekend. Christine xx

Little Quiltsong said...

Beautiful, beautiful pictures, Helen! I can feel the cool autumn air and coziness through them :)! We have had frost, but where flowers are more sheltered, they are still blooming to their hearts content. Your barn star quilt and heart quilt with cute pumpkin pincushion are especially sweet. Enjoy these lovely Autumn days!

Lorrie said...

Beautiful autumnal images from your home, Helen. The quilts are all so cozy. Hedgerows are a great way to mark the change of seasons. We don't have hedgerows here, but there are places where many wild plants crowd together and change throughout the year. The last autumn flowers are always special.

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Yes! October is gone for this year... what a beautiful month it was! I love your photos, with the berries and brambles... Maybe you can post some of your artwork from those times. I bet you have much talent for that also! Your little pumpkin cushion is just darling. And there is that pink striped candle, almost done burning for the season! Your star quilt will look gorgeous amongst your holiday decorations! November is here already.. time flies way too fast! Marilyn