Friday 16 July 2021

Sweet Flowers

Hello again lovely readers......it's a hot and sunny day here in our little corner of the uk....and we are loving all the flowers.........especially the delicious sweet peas........
..........and i've been sewing some gorgeous hexies from liberty floral fabrics........
..........this dear little cup was a birthday gift.....perfect for tiny posies.....it's from sussex lustreware.....
..........below is my weekly quilt stack......floral quilts on a rustic stool next to the sweet peas.....
..........and then i cut the latest crop of sweet peas...........here they are in my lovely mother in law's flower gathering basket.....
.........then they were arranged in different containers and dotted around the house to scent the rooms.....
........we had an outing to ness botanic gardens which is where the next few pictures were taken.....
........this is the stunning wildflower bed......so gorgeous in the bright sunshine.....
........it was a beautiful day with deep blue sky too.....people are emerging from lockdown......and planes flying across the blue again......
.........the gardens are a joy to walk around and it was very refreshing to be able to visit there again.....
...........and i'll leave you with one more sweet pea picture....because we need to enjoy them while we can....off to sew some more liberty hexies now in the shade.....

 ........thank you for visiting me here dear readers and for your kind comments.......wishing you a happy week with sunshine and sweet flowers......take care and keep well lovelies......back soon xxxxxxxxxxx

7 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Your sweet peas really are stunning Helen ... and yes we need to enjoy them while they're here!! :)
I'm really inspired to make some Liberty hexies after seeing your pretty ones.
Such a lovely garden visit too ... they're my favourite places to go!
Happy sunny weekend my dear,
V x

butterfly said...

Oh so beautiful ,Your sweet peas are beautiful my ones have not done any good this year I only have three flowers on them at the moment .
Love your stitching can't wait to see what you are going to make with the hexies.
Those wild seed fields are beautiful ,I met a friend in Teignmouth last week and allot of the flower beds by the sea front are all wild flowers and very pretty to.

Little Quiltsong said...

So many lovely pictures of your sweet quilts and beautiful flowers. I always wanted to seed some wildflowers into the grass when living in the country - to bloom till the first grass cutting stage, but never got around to it. I did plant some in my garden though between the vegetable rows - and they grew beautifully. Enjoy your pretty sweet pea flowers!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

these photos, these flowers. I adore them
Hexies make me happy too.
Helen, I hope you are enjoying the summer. It is too hot here.
I am trying to stay inside foreverrrrr, but I do have to get out to take care of my daddy (97) and see grand babis, and shopping drudgery etc
I love being inside in the air conditioning. We do not keep it freezing in our house, we have two cornish rex kitties that love warm spots so we do have plenty of those provisions.
The little vase is sweet for posies.
Your quilts and fabrics are precious 💎💎💎

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Your sweet peas are wonderful! I don't think I've ever planted any and don't know why. Love the colors! And those wildflowers are just gorgeous too.. I did have a wildflower bed a few houses ago and loved it.. and then one morning went outside to gaze upon it, and the deer had eaten every darned flower! Now that was such a disappointment. Love your hexies and those fabrics. I finally made something from one of your books.... the darling stuffed heart (the long one) with lace.. and I put some buttons on it and little yo yo flowers and I love it! Next I want to make the little fish! thank you for being such an inspiration! xoxo Marilyn

Kay said...

Such prettiness. I can never resist a hexi, especially one made out of Liberty. Sweet peas always remind me of my gran, I really must plant some of my own one day. x

Christine B said...

So many beautiful flowers in your post today Helen (lots of beautiful quilts too) but your fabulous sweet peas are my favourite! Have a lovely day. Christine xx