Friday 23 July 2021

Summer Brights

Hello again dear readers.........it's been VERY hot, sunny and bright since i last wrote my blog....actually we've had a heatwave all week.....tonight is cooler though.....here is my red and white checkerboard quilt matching the red poppies......
......this quilt is one of my very favourites.......the simple pattern is in my etsy shop.......
........sunshine and poppies and pretty fabrics.....an old blue bucket too.....
.........some of our garden seating is in the shade and that's where you'd find me in the afternoons, sewing english paper pieced patchwork......in the mornings we walked on the beach with molly our dog and enjoyed some cooling sea air and refreshing salt water.....
.......lots of poppies have grown up next to the sweet peas.....i love how poppies literally just pop up...
...........i sewed a little summer inspired patchwork bag......this is from my dottie drawstring bag pattern also in my etsy shop...link in sidebar....
..........love these bright summer colours this week :).......poppies, zinnias and nasturtiums.....
............some sweet japanese fabrics, scraps and belle and boo summer designs inspired this bag....
.....with cords and stops...all from rose garden patchwork.......
.........a nice little bag to give as a summer gift (or to contain a gift)......and to keep tiny toys or treasures in...
..........or maybe some fabric fish......children love these little fish....and i like them too for summer decorations.....
.........thank you for dropping by to my little bit of blogland lovely readers.....and thank you for your kind comments.......wishing you a wonderful weekend and a happy week ahead......keep well lovelies.....back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 

11 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

The fabrics brighten the day. Your poppies are a tremendous pure red.

Linda said...

Just beautiful!! Thank you for sharing. You always brighten my Fridays. 😊

Kay said...

Simple designs are often the best, just using the fabric to shine. x

Barwitzki said...

Summer - sun - joy
Such beautiful pictures that you show ... yes, a little sewing is just great. You do a lot of beautiful things. Thanks for showing us.
Have a really good weekend. Many nice greetings to you.
Viola

Jacky H said...

I love the fabrics you use there so fresh looking.
Your garden is beautiful I wish my was like it.
Have a lovely week Helen.

Christine B said...

More beautiful photos Helen! Your blog posts are always such a treat! Love the red and white quilt and that bucket of poppies is just gorgeous! Have a wonderful weekend! Christine xx

Little Quiltsong said...

Your beautiful garden and quilt pics remind me of the lazy days of Summer. So lovely to see. Also your cute dottie bag - how I love all those sweet patchwork squares in there. Have a happy and blessed weekend, Helen!

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Such a lovely summery post Helen, I love that quilt and it looks amazing in your garden!
Poppies are wonderful, I had a lovely display of pink frilly ones this year, they hadn't appeared for a few years and suddenly there they were again!
And as for that little bag, well you know how I feel about that. :)
Enjoy the rest of your weekend lovely ... cooler here too but it makes me smile when in N.I. we are calling 24 degrees C cooler!!
V x

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

I'm in love with the red and white quilt! I love the gingham and little pops of pink. I think it would go great in my pink bedroom! It's on my "to do" list to make one... (my TO DO list is very long!). It looks so pretty with the bucket of red poppies.. and as always your garden is stunning and fun and love the white bench plopped down right in the middle of it all. How wonderful that you can walk to the beach! And love the drawstring bag and little fishies..... take care and stay cool if you can! Marilyn

carolartstitch said...

I love your quilts and enjoy following you on Instagram!

butterfly said...

Lovely Summer post , every thing is so beautiful.
Enjoy a wonderful week.