Friday 30 July 2021

Sunny Days

Hello dear readers....here are some of my bright summery flowers.......last week was still very hot and sunny.....
...........perfect for stitching in the shade........i made lots of english paper pieced hexies for my grandmother's flower garden quilt.....quite appropriate really.....
.........the flowers are some cottage garden favourites grown from seed.......zinnias, nasturtiums, sweet peas, cornflowers......
.........i also unearthed my other epp project....these dresden blocks.......
...........these are pretty little blocks, and i can't decide if i should turn them into a cushion or continue to make a quilt.....
..........they have kept me busy in the long hot afternoons under the sun umbrella or shady trees....
.........speaking of which, we had some lovely walks both by the sea and in the dappled shady woods last week........it was nice and cool there......
........here are my dahlias in flower........every new flower that opens is exciting to me :)......
...........it has cooled here now and we've had windy days and rain....so more like normal english summer weather again instead of the south of france.....
......petunias, planted in the window boxes by my husband and growing happily as he is good at remembering to water things.....love these pretty colours and delicate markings.....
.......and finally.......a burst of bright sunshine yellow from our happy cheery sunflowers all opening up now and attracting lots of bees.......

 ...........thank you for dropping by to see me here lovely readers and for your kind comments too......it's always great to hear from you......wishing you happy sunny days.....take care lovelies......back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

13 comments:

pens and needles said...

Your bouquets are so lovely! I really like the combination of many colors together. And I always enjoy seeing your photos of the epp projects. It ALMOST makes me want to start epp. Not quite, but almost. I've pieced two large hexi quilts and several small pieces from them, all using traditional hand piecing with set-in seams -- but I like the perfection you attain with epp. Maybe someday. Keep these beautiful pictures coming -- it is a breath of fresh air in the middle of our sweltering hot summer in the Midwest of the USA (96F right now!)

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Such a lovely colourful post Helen ... your patchwork is so pretty and your flowers are glorious, the dahlias are wonderful.
I would like the " South of France " weather to come back though!!
Happy weekend my friend,
V x

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Dear Helen, Happy new week-end dear
this bunch of flowers makes me very happy. They are so lovely๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ’›๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒŸ
I love your hexie flowers too. They are so sweet and inspiring. I want to make another quilt with hexies again.
Enjoy your happy week-end ๐Ÿฆ‹

Lorrie said...

Happy Week-end, Helen. Your dahlias are such a beautiful colour! Enjoy your stitching.

Kay said...

Liberty hexies are so pretty. I once made a whole quilt just with Liberty hexies, it took a few years partly because the cost was rather prohibitive and I also like to have a project to go back to occasionally.

butterfly said...

Another pretty post .
Beautiful flowers , my dahlias were eaten by naughty slugs .
Next year I will put them into pots on my patio .
Enjoy your weekend.

Little Quiltsong said...

Beautiful flower pics, Helen! Wish we could hold on to them a little longer in our outside gardens. Our burning bush has already turned a deep red, and August hasn't even started. Loved the shady forest trail pic - so refreshing on a hot summer day. Enjoy your lovely stitching - happy weekend dear friend.

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Your bright and cheerful flowers always liven me up! My yard flowers are doing fairly well, considering we've had probably the hottest summer on record here, that is long and drawn out since March! We're pretty tired of the over 100 degree days.. and water all the time and still things dry up. We also have some "naughty" bugs eating leaves in our yard. Never see them but I know they are there at night.. they've destroyed many of my plants, including my dahlias. Your little dresden plates are darlng.. I bought a template years ago for making some, but have yet to use it.. maybe someday.. still have two quilts to finish up first. I bet those walks in the woods are cool and wonderful! Happy weekend from dry dry Oregon! Marilyn

Ateh Nour said...

SO BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS AND BEAUTIFUL PATCHWORK..

meandmysmallcorner said...

Lovely garden flowers, so bright and cheerful. Also enjoying the cottage garden feel in your sewing. Enjoy your week.

Christine B said...

Always so much colour in your posts Helen and you are working on some fabulous projects. Have a lovely week! Christine xx

Marta said...

Sempre un piacere vedere i tuoi bellissimi fiori. Ciao

Jo said...

Beautiful fabrics and patchwork. My dahlias are coming along well this last week, they just need a bit of rain, nothing too fierce.