Tuesday 18 December 2018

Merry Christmas

 The countdown is speeding up and christmas is nearly here.....i hope you are enjoying these december days......i am enjoying the homely cosy times ....this is my favourite patchwork stocking and little sign on my cottage garden gate.....
 ……….so happy to get my new red and white irish chain quilt back from the longarm quilter (debbie holland) in time for christmas.....
 ……….it's another for my red and white collection and as soon as i finish one i like to begin another to work on at the same time as other current projects.....
 ……….we have two main christmas trees each year, one in the sitting room (below) which is usually decorated with red and white and often has a pixie nearby….(the other is in our pink lounge and i haven't got a picture of it so far this year!)……...and lots of little ones here and there....
 ……...here's the pixie girl with one of my hexagon bags....perfect to hold a present (or to be a present!)……….and one of the small trees i have grown fond of, dotted about the house.....
 ……….the maileg toys are favourites of mine, especially with my quilts and patchwork or applique cushions.....
 ………..here is the white painted birdhouse decorated with xmas stamps a few years ago....
 ………….love this nordic inspiration...…….
 ……….one weekend afternoon recently my husband was out in the garden tidying up and pruning.....i went into the kitchen to find a big bucket of holly he'd clipped off for me.....
 ……...below is a little work in progress on my christmassy work table....this will be a pincushion made with a tiny cross stitch dala horse and some pretty guestroom fabrics from moda…..
 ………..cakes for the children with snowy white icing and tiny holly decorations.....
 ……...my grandchildren are very excited and i'm excited that we will be with them all on christmas day...…...just got to wrap the presents and finish the food shopping (though my eldest daughter is doing christmas dinner)……….
 ……...i got this little handmade santa ornament at treacle market.....the patchwork heart is one i made to hang on a present.....and below is a basket of baubles old and new...some of you may remember seeing the red and white merry christmas heart felt decorations i made years ago and put on my blog looong ago :)…...so here we are ...my last post before christmas …….at the most wonderful time of the year.....
………….i want to wish you all a very merry christmas and happy holidays....thank you for visiting me here through the year and for the very kind comments you leave me....sending much love to all my dear readers...………….back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

13 comments:

Jacky H said...

Thank you Helen for sharing your year with us.
Have a very happy Christmas and New Year with your family.

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Such a wonderfully festive post and just like all your posts throughout 2018 absolutely delightful!!!
Wishing you a lovely Christmas with your family.
Happy Christmas lovely Helen,
V x

Jane said...

I do love rustic colours too Helen, everything looks so pretty. Your quilt turned out beautifully. Lucky you to have berries on your holly. The birds stripped every last one from my Dad's trees this year! Enjoy these last few countdown days. Hugs xxx

Teresa Kasner said...

Your new quilt is a beauty.. and looks so pretty in your beautiful light bright home. I'm happy that you'll be with your whole family at Christmas.. have a wonderful time, I know you will. Thanks for sharing your crafting skills and your inviting home with us all year.

****************************************
*M*E*R*R*Y* * *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
****************************************

((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Diane Gill said...

I want to come live with you! Everything is such perfection. I love all the red and white. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Your blogging and colours never cease to amaze me and makes me feel the radiant it spreads...
Many days it made me to enjoy and relax in this beautiful world.
Appreciate all your marvellous creations and thank you for sharing with the world...
Merry and bright days to you and your most wonderful people around you...
Hope the new year’s days shall surely reinstall all your happiness more...

Much thanks
GCJ

butterfly said...

What beautiful Christmas goodies .
Lovely post.
Enjoy a lovely Christmas with your family.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Joan Mc said...

Thank you for all the lovely blogs this year. I get inspiration from the things you make and show us. I look forward to the next twelve months!!. A Merry Christmas to you and Happy New Year. Joan Mc

Anonymous said...

I found a treat today - a lovely design in an old 'needlecraft' magazine I bought in a charity shop (May 2003). It's a cottage sampler design called Plum Cottage and has two bunnies on it and I presume its one of yours as it says it's by Helen Philipps. Such a delightful and pretty design. I find counted work hard with my eyes these days, but I do hope I can get this done. I used to love the magazine and got it regularly in the nineties.

How nice that you are still making all the pretty things - the world needs more of those for sure.

Have a lovely Christmas

Sara

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, it all looks so perfectly festive and beautiful! You have such a wonderful sense of color and design -- always so pretty. Have a wonderful holiday with all your family -- Merry Christmas!!!

Mickie said...

Helen,
You have out done yourself with this beautiful festive post. Your red and white Irish chain quilt is just stunning. I love each and every picture and find something new each time I look at them. I know you will have a very Merry Christmas with all your family just as I will.
Thank you for sharing.
Mickie Indiana USA

Marta said...

Sempre belle le tue creazioni e le tue foto. Buon Natale a te e famiglia dall'Italia.