Monday 3 December 2018

Heartstrings Quilt

 Happy new week lovely readers...........we have the heartstrings quilt finally finished here today.....
 ...........i don't have a pattern for this quilt but it is very easy to make using four inch squares in low volume fabrics, each with a heart appliqued on it in alternating red and blue fabrics......it was inspired by the hearts and flowers pillow in my book *pretty patchwork gifts* ......
 .............i quilted it by hand in the evenings...very cosy and relaxing work to do....
 ..........although it isn't a christmas design and can be used all year round, i think it may pop up in my festive decorating this year....
 ..............i chose a blue and white large floral for the backing (you can just see it in the picture above) and after much deliberation i used blue gingham for the binding.....
 ..........the house is slowly returning to normal after the decorating....i snapped a few pictures here and there as things just seemed to arrange themselves as they were moved from room to room.....below is my chalkboard with the top collaged by me a long time ago and of course ruby rabbit sitting next to it.....
 .............quilts on the quilt ladder and little cross stitch home sweet home sign from a magazine commission i did a while ago....

 ...............this weekend we had friends over, did some cooking and baking, did some gardening (pics to come) and pottered on sunday getting things organised......
 ............i baked festive cakes for the grandchildren (some to put in the freezer too).....and brought down the wooden advent calendar ready for the countdown (i put sweets in the numbered drawers for the grandchildren on the days they come to me after school).....
 ..............enjoying the cosy times now that i have the house back and all is quiet again.....looking forward to lots of cosy crafting throughout december.....will be going christmas shopping with my eldest later this week..........and the mince pies have arrived here too.....
................thank you so much for dropping in to see me here in my little blog space dear readers......it is always lovely to hear from you too............wishing you all a happy december..........back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

10 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

The navy gingham fabric looks stunning around your quilt Helen, it really is very pretty.
Sounds like you are well on your way to 'normal', still waiting on a sofa and curtains here but I did manage to put up some pictures on the walls this weekend.
Enjoy your week Helen and your Christmas shopping!
V x

Jacky H said...

I love your colour choice of fabric. Especially the way you mix them.
Everything looks so fresh.
Your home is full of cheery festive colour.
Thank you for sharing.

Rhona said...

I love your new quilt, Helen! As always your fabric choices are wonderful. Love the backing fabric and the gingham binding, they look wonderful together. So jealous of you having mince pies....that's something we really miss now that we live in the US.
Happy crafting!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Beautiful quilt. The pattern is perfect for a special gift for a love one.

Teresa Kasner said...

That is a beautiful quilt. I bet it's nice to get it all done after so much time put into the making of it. I finished a hat for my grandson today and it fits perfectly. Your little grandchildren are so lucky to have you as a grandmother.. one who makes perfect little cakes for them, too! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Gracie Saylor said...

Sooo pretty! Heartstrings is a treasure and definitely looks at home and ready to be used year round. I'm glad you are enjoying your home in better order and that you also enjoying the seasonal traditions of Christmas. Happy week to you, Helen! xx

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

You know you color palette and everything you make and do just goes together so well. The heart quilt is lovely. I've been collecting heart-shaped items for years. Wish I could sew or had the patience for handstitching. I've been cross-stitching since I was about 17 thanks to Ms. Eleanora who I worked for in high school. I do like making little stitchings and always enjoy seeing what you've created. Happy December!

Evelyne said...

Hi Helen I love the heart quilt, i Made someone too for the birthday off my grandchild in the same colours .
I wish you a Nice craftytime!
Evelyne

Mickie said...

Helen,
It looks as if you have a good head start on holiday decorating and baking. I love your heartstrings quilt. The gingham binding makes a perfect frame for it. Gingham checks have always been a favorite of mine.
Thank you for sharing.
Mickie, Indiana USA

Whitestitches_kw said...

I really HEART this quilt, the colours are so fresh and it looks gorgeous on your pictures!