Monday 22 May 2017

May Gardening

 Here is a peek at the potting shed this week........there is a lot going on in the garden at the moment with plenty of things to do, like potting up the geraniums for the bright summer displays.......
 ..............of course there is a huge amount of weeding to do too and we have been working on that over the weekend....but mostly i love to potter between the greenhouse and the potting shed....
 ..............taking pictures and faffing with the things that seem to collect all by themselves there....
 .............there are lots of pink flowers to enjoy at the moment...and a pink patchwork cushion made for a magazine project a while ago..........i'm working on a patchwork magazine project again this week and loving it........
 .............the little terracotta pots are ones that belonged to grannie (my lovely mother in law) and i use them for displays as well as to put small plants in....each one is a slightly different quirky shape and they are very old and special to me................
 ........these bellis daisies were crammed into an old blue and white bowl and they seem to like it...
 ............and of course there is some garden inspired sewing to show you today too......
 ..........i have finished one of my two four patch garden quilts and this one is now in the pile ready to go to my lovely long arm quilter............i love the fabrics which are almost all pam kitty morning and lecien ones............they are so pretty and the pkm garden catalogue text print smothered in roses is a great way to evoke the garden feeling i think..............
 ................here are just a few pictures but i will show more when this has been quilted and bound...
 ............i look forward to using this one a lot...........
 ...............now i am back working on the floating four patch version and think the two will look pretty together eventually............one more picture now.......
 .............and finally here is a picture of our wisteria which grows at the back of the house, on the house and on a trellis fence which encloses the patio...........we are thrilled with how quickly this wisteria has grown and just love the flowers, the colour and the delicious scent.........
...............thank you for your visit here dear readers..............it is so nice to see you here and your kind comments are such a joy to read...........wishing you a happy week with sunshine and flowers and crafty inspirations too................back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

28 comments:

Cream Linen said...

Your potting shed looks lovely. I love the flower arrangement in the old blue and white bowl and the photos of your garden. It's so good to have a beautiful garden and watch it evolve over time and offer you many happy moments! Have a lovely week. Tina xxx

Cream Linen said...

Your potting shed looks lovely. I love the flower arrangement in the old blue and white bowl and the photos of your garden. It's so good to have a beautiful garden and watch it evolve over time and offer you many happy moments! Have a lovely week. Tina xxx

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Can there be any better images than those from a garden.....oh Helen I love it all, your pretty potting shed and beautiful plants and you have a wonderful wisteria (I'm very jealous of that :) )!! White crates, old terracotta pots, gorgeous blooms and amazing quilts......don't think it really gets any better !
Hoping the weather behaves this week for garden time,
V x

KC'sCourt! said...

More beautiful pictures, they are gorgeous. Love the flowers, and the potting shed and that quilt is gorgeous

Julie xxxxxx

my4lilgirls said...

How lovely to potter around in your beautiful garden. Totally in love with your wisteria,one of the sweetest flowers. I've always wanted to plant one.......oh for more hours in a day ๐Ÿ˜€
Karen x

my4lilgirls said...

How lovely to potter around in your beautiful garden. Totally in love with your wisteria,one of the sweetest flowers. I've always wanted to plant one.......oh for more hours in a day ๐Ÿ˜€
Karen x

Kate said...

You have such a lovely potting shed, Helen. Your wisteria is absolutely gorgeous! k

Christine B said...

Your garden looks so beautiful and so tranquil Helen... no wonder you enjoy spending time there! Beautiful quilts too... such pretty Spring colours! Have a lovely week! Christine x

Little Quiltsong said...

Such eye-candy on your post again. Love the cute potting shed and the sign. Love all your lovely flowers - yes, seems the weeds always thrive while every bloom has to be nurtured :)! Your wisteria is so pretty - I love wisteria! Your cute quilt just sums up the beautiful spring season. Enjoy putting out your geranium blooms!

Antigone said...

I always enjoy your posts.....they are so full of colour and my beautiful things: fabric, flowers and sewing or painting/colouring projects. Did you know that yestrerday was St Helen's nameday in the Greek Orthodox church? Happy nameday, even if you don't have it in your religion!!!!

Elizabethd said...

I love seeing a post from you, I know it will be full of beautiful things, wisteria, patchwork...what more does one need!

Bekki said...

The flowers look so beautiful. Your quilt is wonderfully stitched, as always, and has such lovely colours

Simone said...

The quilts are lovely as always Helen and I think I may need to buy a bellis daisy - gorgeous!!! x

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Happy Gardening! The egg wreath is charming, smile making cute.

Mickie said...

Helen,
Love the sweet four patch quilt. I always love any printed fabric alternating with a solid white square, looks so crisp and cool. Looking forward to seeing it quilted and bound. Your wisteria is just beautiful and the sweet bellis daisy or as it is called here, the English daisy is another favorite.
Thank you for sharing.
Mickie, Indiana USA

Gracie Saylor said...

It is the time for flowers outside here, too. I have been enjoying glimpses of and the scent of a friend's Wisteria for the last two weeks, and now here I am enjoying a view of yours and imagining the lovely scent. So far the plants I planted last week are happy, and I have been pulling some weeds as well. The flowers on your projects are sweet indeed, and I admire them even before the quilting. My youngest daughter has been helping plot my embroidery project...a little progress :-) Happy week to you, also, Helen! xx

crazydazy said...

Your garden is beautiful...puts mine to shame. Such lovely garden quilts as well!

Jacky H said...

Your garden looks quintessential English. Your quilt really sets the flowers off

Marta said...

Fotografie sempre stupende. Come il tuo giardino ed i tuoi lavori. Ciao

Jane said...

There is nothing better than pottering around in the garden is there Helen and the weather has just been glorious. Your old terracotta pots are wonderful, I understand how you treasure them. Your quilts are looking so pretty too.Enjoy a sunny week xxx

Blondie's Journal said...

Dear Helen, I don't know how you find the hours in a day with all you do. Your potting shed is lovely, very sweet and filled with what I know you love best, your potted creations. I agree the weeds are an unwanted chore, but I love that perfect canvas before I really start to play! And then throughout the summer I putter around with my pruners and filling birdseed and birdbaths and watering and...I'm just in heaven!!!

Your quilts are looking absolutely lovely! Good job!

Jane x

♥ Mary Janes TEAROOM said...

Your potting shed is looking lovely Helen and I love those pretty bellis daisies and especially your beautiful quilt in progress...all so inspiring!
Susan x

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Always such pretty things here. That wisteria is absolutely awesome! Of course, all your handiwork is beautiful and your colors always go together so well. So lovely to have those pots from your MIL.

Annerose said...

Hallo Helen, sehr schรถn dein Garten und so tolle Blumen. Herrlich. Auch deine Nรคharbeiten sind wunderschรถn, wie immer.
Liebe GrรผรŸe Annerose

Teresa Kasner said...

Hello Helen! Oh my your garden and shed are like living in a magazine's glossy pages! LOL! It looks like heaven there. I think it's so neat that your MILs little hand-thrown terra cotta pots! I was very into ceramics in my younger years and even had a studio at home with a kick-wheel and kiln where I made all kinds of fun things, so I really appreciate older pottery items. Enjoy your lovely weather. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Oh Helen, I just had to smile as soon as I opened your blog post and saw that pink watering can in the white washed potting shed! Swooning... I used to have a pink watering can.. I need another for sure! I loved everything in your post today (don't I always????) but especially all the pinks.. the pink geraniums, the daisies, the watering can of course, and your beautiful quit tops. I also loved your garden collage photos with the mini greenhouse (using windows?) and the teal colored watering can. So fun! You brightened my day! It's going to be over 90 degrees today here in central Oregon!

Sam I Am...... said...

Your creativity shows in everything you touch! I love your quilts, the pillow and your antique clay pots. You certainly have a green thumb too. The daisies in the blue container are gorgeous and the wisteria is simply beautiful! Enjoy and thank you for sharing all that beuaty!

Elderberry-Rob said...

I never knew wisteria had a scent - must get close to some! Your sewing is lovely and fresh, the white squares give it a clean, crisp look. Your potting shed is very tidy - mine is full of spiders and toads!