Friday 22 October 2010

Inspiration Boards


In my studio there are notice boards, mood boards and inspiration boards. Some of them are purely functional reminder boards like the one where I pin all the current commissions - if I didn't do this I'd be missing deadlines all the time! Another board is for the postcards I pick up at galleries, and a pin board above my computer is where I keep the day to day bits of paper.
Mood boards are things I create with a special project in mind, like a new book - I pin up everything that catches the feel, colours and subjects I want to include. This inspiration board is one I made just because I had lots of pretty things in similar colours that I wanted to put together. It's nice to look at among all the more functional things around me...


Something else that is lovely to look at today - the last roses from our garden that I picked yesterday to save the flowers a little bit longer - it was windy and rainy and cold out in the garden and I was amazed to find these delicate little blooms still flowering. They have hardly any scent left though - it must fade with the summer passing...
Thank you to all the visitors to my blog this week, I do love to read your comments and to visit your blogs too. Have a happy weekend! See you all next week. x

7 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

Inspirational! Love the roses too. Have a good weekend.

Jane

Anonymous said...

Your mood board is very pretty, you're bound to get inspired looking at it!
Such beautiful little roses too!
Have a great weekend Helen.:)
Vivienne x

Sewmancer said...

Your mood boards are lovely - an inspiration!

Wendy said...

I've always loved pinboards, but tend to use them as scrapbooks. I can't resist putting up all the little pictures my children draw. I really want a mood board now too - yours is beautiful.

barbara said...

I love that this is three-dimensional!

Anonymous said...

62562.....46581

Anonymous said...

61636.....46681