Tuesday 21 September 2010

Warm September Brings The Fruit

When I was at my local greengrocer's the other day I found these lovely little bellis daisy mixed plants, which was a nice surprise as I thought they only grew in spring. I remember planting up a big flower pot with bellis daisies and violas one spring and really liking the combination. So here is the latest autumn planting in my special blackboard plant box. (It takes a bit of extra effort because you have to think of something to write on it!) Next to it are some conkers slowly opening and some pears ripening and glowing on the sunny window sill too.
And here is a little peek at my two new autumn cardigans which I've recently finished knitting - I mentioned them in some earlier posts - the Soft Grey cardigan and the Frankie boyfriend cardigan. Both are cosy and great for layering and I like wearing them. I decided to show them with my much loved Persephone book collection - especially good for cosy autumn reads beside the fire.

There was one daisy plant too many to fit into my blackboard box, so I put it in here...


I hope you're having a happy and mellow autumn week. x



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving such a kind comment and I am delighted to now discover your own blog.

I have very much enjoyed browsing through your posts and look forward to reading more in the future.

Wonderful collection of Persephone books and so beautifully displayed.

debbie @ happy little cottage said...

I love the way you propped your sweaters for the photo! The Persephone books are almost as pretty as your sweaters.
I wish I wasn't afraid to knit a sweater. I am so not into knitting swatches for gauge. I always want to jump right into the project! But I might have to try to knit one after seeing yours. Are the patterns you used anywhere online?

barbara said...

Helen your knitting looks wonderful, everything seems to be finished so quickly! May we see them spread out or worn at some stage? Love the colors ...

driftwood said...

thanks for visiting and your kind comment. your knitting looks just gorgeous xxx