Friday 12 January 2024

Pretty in Pink

Hello lovely readers..........we are in the pink today with lots of sweet pink makes for the coming valentine season.......
...........beginning with a postage stamp pincushion made with small scraps of pretty pink prints left over from another project.......these are all moda fabrics......apart from the backing which is a tilda fabric....
..........with an added red wooden heart button.........
.....and a piece of ribbon saying *love* from this reel i've had for a while.........
..........we have also been enjoying my pink scrappy vintage hearts quilt...........
..........this is a checkerboard quilt with tiny pink hearts stitched on the white squares.......
..........it uses many of my favourite scraps and i love to see them all whenever i get out this quilt again......
.........collecting and saving fabric scraps is something i've always done and using them has often inspired me........and of course there's no waste if you use up scraps :)..........
..........below is my pink vintage charm quilt along with the pixie girl........
.........charm squares in low volume and pink fabrics and some appliqué roses here and there......the patterns for this, for the vintage hearts quilt and for the red and white postage stamp pincushion can all be found in my etsy shop link in sidebar.......
.........i hope january has started well for you.....i have been enjoying the quiet times, the peaceful days of sewing and making soup, tidying away christmas things, catching up with household tasks and making plans for the year ahead......and reading a lot too......i did a bit of gardening but it was very wet and very cold so all i've done outside this week is tidy up the greenhouse and neaten up the tiny auricula plants.....
...........wishing you a happy week dear readers wherever you may be, whether enjoying summer sunshine or keeping cosy during the winter chills.........thank you for dropping by and leaving me kind comments.......take care lovelies..................peace and love..........back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 

7 comments:

Linda said...

Everything is so dreamy and beautiful. I love your little quilts!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Lovely quilts. Valentine's colors are a great help to making snowy and rainy January feel cheerier.
Love the candle. I think I'll have a candle light lunch today.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I always love your quilts and other sewing projects you show us--
but pink/red and hearts--sooo yummy!!
hugs. di

greenrabbitdesigns said...

So many beautiful pink makes Helen ... all perfect for Valentine season which is coming up very soon (hard to believe we are almost half way through January)!!
It's still a bit chilly for outside gardening but like you I can't wait.
Happy weekend lovely,
V x

Rachael Ayres said...

I have been reading your blog for quite some time now and love your aesthetic. I find it to be very peaceful. But these Pink Things - not Barbie pink, not lolly pink, just a beautiful gentle pink - they make me need to leave a comment. Such beauty - thank you.

butterfly said...

I love pink and Love the little pillow , I think I will make one soon , after my sewing room is tidy , which will take about another week.
Hugs June.

Little Quiltsong said...

You always inspire me with your pretty quilts and pictures, Helen! These again, are such lovely heart and sweet scrappy quilts. Love the added roses on your charm square quilt. Enjoy a lovely day, and stay warm :)!