Friday 5 January 2024

Happy New Year

Hello again dear readers....here i am back again after a lovely family christmas time........
.....in january when the days are often grey and gloomy i like to sew with pretty colourful floral fabrics.....this is my pinwheels quilt which i've just finished hand quilting........
.......it was almost complete before christmas, so i just had to stitch a little bit more and add the striped binding.........am trying to get to the bottom of my to-be-quilted pile right now :)........
........i also began a new floral, colourful vintage charm quilt using gorgeous richly patterned tilda fabrics from my stash and scraps.......
...........sewing and drinking coffee at the start of a new year.......perfect.........
............the patterns for the vintage charm quilt and the pinwheels quilt can be found in my etsy shop link in sidebar.......
..........colour is such an important part of my design life and my life in general..........
..........using paint or fabrics or threads to create colourful work on dark days is so cheering for me and always has been.....
..........and the scent of flowers is also a big joy for me at this time of year.....the hyacinths planted in this dairy bowl and in smaller bowls too fill the kitchen with the scent of spring.........
..........love them all and the perfection of each tiny flower........
..........there are blue ones to come too........and lots of other bulbs just poking through to look forward to as well.........

 .......thanks for dropping by lovely readers and for your kind comments and messages.....wishing you all a happy healthy and creative 2024........take care lovelies and enjoy the start of the new year........(you can find me on instagram as well as here if you'd like to)..................back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

4 comments:

butterfly said...

Love the start of your new quilt , soo pretty .
Happy New Year. June.

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Love your new bright and cheerful quilts Helen!! :)
It's so lovely having bulbs come into bloom at this time of year ... spring is coming!
Happy 2024 my dear,
V x

Little Quiltsong said...

Your flowers just brighten my day. I think it is time for me to buy some too and enjoy that Springtime smell of them.
Lovely, lovely quilts - both your pinwheel and new charm square one - yes, rich colours on dreary days is a must. Love your post, Helen. Happy weekend :)!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Your excellent choice of colors in fabric patterns is always a treat to see. Your quilts brighten my day.
I hope this winter to start one of the quilt patterns I bought from your shop. I couldn't decide on which I like best, so I bought both. lol The instructions are so easy to follow.