Friday 22 September 2023

Vintage Pink

Hello again dear readers.....hope september is being good to you.......my post this week has a vintage feel and lots of pink.....i love using many colours in my work and combining lots of colours together,  but my favourite of all is pink......
.....a quilt stack with pink pumpkins on top........and in the background a pink and white checkerboard quilt in progress.......
...........my birthday pink roses have flowered again..........they are so beautiful and scented too......
.........two kinds (from david austin roses)....from my two daughters..........
.........pink and blue next for my vintage log cabin quilt........this is a favourite and i love making log cabin blocks.......
.........also love using low volume fabrics and then hand quilting for softness and texture.......
.........below is a picture taken in the new little top floor bedroom with its panelled wall......
..........showing the vintage stars quilt and the little vintage bear........
...........the vintage stars quilt is the only one i've made inspired by a paperback book cover.......a lovely illustration of a quilt on a 1970s copy of a miss read book..... i had the book for decades before i finally re created the quilt...so it's extra special to me......
.........i used tilda fabrics to capture the same soft colours as the illustration......
.....the vintage long cabin quilt pattern, vintage stars quilt pattern and vintage bear pattern are all in my etsy shop link in sidebar......leaving you with a bunch of sweet old fashioned roses in a jug.......

 ...........thank you so much for your lovely comments and messages, and for dropping by to see me here in my little blog space........next week we'll be away on a little country trip so i'll be taking a short blog break......but i'll be back the following week with pictures to share........take care in the meantime lovelies.................peace and love........................back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

4 comments:

Jayne Honnold said...

I never tire of looking at your pictures, and if you do a repeat, well, I never tire of those either! That star quilt inspired by the book cover is absolutely wonderful. I may have to make one! (It won't be the first quilt of yours that I've copied!) Your pink roses are lovely - happy day! jAYNE

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Such pretty pink quilts, roses, pumpkins and teddy bears!! 💗
Enjoy your little country break, looking forward to seeing the pics ... having a little trip this weekend too but most definitely more city than country.
V x

Christine B said...

So many beautiful quilts (I love pink too) and fabulous roses! Wish I could smell them! Have a lovely weekend Helen. Hugs Christine xx

Sara en Marie said...

I love visiting your home in your blog. It's been a while, so I'm going to make myself a cup of tea and browse through the older posts. My first quilt was a sawtooth quilt a lot like yours. It wore out a long time ago and I want to recreate it some time.