Friday 1 September 2023

Happy September

Happy September dear readers........it already feels very autumnal here.....
..........so happy my autumn leaves quilt is finished.......pieced, hand quilted and bound all ready for the new season.....(pattern in my etsy shop link in sidebar)......
......the maple leaf, or tea leaves block as it is sometimes called, is one i've long wanted to sew.....
.......it was lovely to choose soft autumn shades for the leaves and lots of different low volume fabrics for the setting blocks........some pictures were taken in the garden, and hopefully there will be more as the season advances.......
...........more leaves below too.......some little log cabin blocks being made featuring fussy cut belle and boo fabrics in the centres........
.........these are for a little log cabin doll quilt with an autumn theme........
....we had a lovely outing this week to the lady lever art gallery to see an exhibition of original work by cecily mary barker........her beautiful flower fairies illustrations.......
......photography wasn't allowed in the exhibition but it was a really wonderful one and very informative and inspiring to see.......
......i loved the flower fairies when i was young and so did my girls........so i had to get a few souvenirs......
.......below is a very old copy of one of the books i found years ago....such a treasure.....
...........one more view of my leafy quilt on this sunny and lovely first day of september...........

 .............thank so much for dropping by and for your kind comments and messages............wishing you a happy week ahead with plenty of crafty inspirations..........take care lovelies............back soon xxxxxxxx

5 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

I just love your beautiful new quilt Helen ... and I'm looking forward to seeing the pretty doll quilt too!
What a wonderful exhibition to visit, love all your souvenirs, the Flower Fairy illustrations are so lovely.
Happy September my dear,
V x

Linda said...

Happy Friday! I love love love your Autumn quilt!!! It's so beautiful!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Lovely quilt
It is difficult to grasp we are going into fall. I remember last year falling in love with one of you quilts that has black stars. I bought the pattern, but not the exact one I like so much. Maybe this is the year to make the quilt. :)

Happy September!

Christine B said...

Just love your Autumn quilt Helen, so beautiful. My girls both loved the flower fairies too and I made a quilt for my eldest daughter many years ago using flower fairy fabric. The exhibition sounds lovely. Hugs Christine xx

Sara en Marie said...

I always love your take on traditional quilts, fresh and cozy! I never read any of the flower fairy books, but knew them as cross stitch tableaux my mother made. I must ask her where they are. I think she finished them, but I don't think they were ever framed...