Friday 26 August 2022

Signs of Autumn

Hello dear blog friends.......it's been a busy week here, finishing projects, sending quilts to be longarm machine quilted.......writing patterns and drawing diagrams.......
.....this is my latest version of the heartstrings quilt (pattern in my etsy shop link in sidebar).....
........lots of different fabrics from my scraps and stash, from all sorts of different collections.....love seeing how they work together and finding new and pretty combinations.....


.........as well as hand quilting this quilt i've been sewing together my tilda rainbow postage stamp quilt
..........these are the yellow and orange sections.........
......the fabrics in this quilt come from all the tilda ranges in my stash and show how well they work together....
..........autumn is slowly creeping in here, with berries appearing in the garden and hedgerows.....
.........lots of blackberries but not sure they had enough water this year to ripen fully......
...........gorgeous purple heather on our walk....i remember loving this colourful sight as a child......
...............some pretty rosehips against an old fence........
.........and a nice splash of colour on the window sill from these dahlias.........

 .......thank you so much for dropping by and for your kind comments dear readers........i'll be away at the end of next week so taking a little blog break then.....will be staying in a country cottage and seeing some amazing textiles the following week :).........wishing you happy peaceful crafty times till then.....take care lovelies..........love and peace.......back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

8 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love sunflowers and all the colors of Autumn! What a pretty quilt. Enjoy your day sweet lady!

butterfly said...

Your posts are always so beautiful .
Yes AUTUMN is starting the trees are already losing their leaves by us.
Lovely flowers .
Have a lovely weekend , hugs June .

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Postage stamp quilts are an amazement. Stunning colors and light dahlias.

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Love both your new quilts Helen, such beautiful colours.
Gorgeous pics from your walks too ... and as for those dahlias!!! 😍 xx
Have a lovely trip away and happy weekend,
V x

Christine B said...

Beautiful post. I love your heart quilt and it goes so well on that beautiful blue chair. The postage stamp quilt is going to be lovely too, can't wait to see more. Hope you are having a fabulous weekend. xxx

Kathy Ensminger said...

Simply beautiful! I have loved all the Tilda fabrics since I discovered it. Your quilts are beautiful and such an inspiration. I just purchased some windy days and saw the quilt you made fussy cutting out the lady. I had left a comment there also, asking what size your blocks were and what size is your finished quilt. Are you sewing with a machine or hand piecing? I will be purchasing more variety of Tilda fabrics in the future, I just happened upon a sale as we were traveling through Utah, here in America. I love reading your post, which I recently discovered!!

BearstedBears said...

Hello. Just discovered your blog. Was watching an old vlog from Emma of the Vintage Sewing Box and she mentioned you. The heart quilt is beautiful. Just starting to learn so will be looking at all your past blogs. Lesley

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

And here I am seeing your last blog post of August. I LOVE the postage stamp quilt colors you are using.. the pops of gold with the little pink flowers really makes it feel "autumny" (is that a word?).... and I think the season is finally starting to change. I had planted two blackberry bushes last summer, and this summer, they grew well and huge, but the berries seemed to turn half brown and fuzzy.. even though I watered them well.. I just don't think they could take the 110 to 112 degree weather we had for such long stretches of time. I do so love blackberries! Your dahlias are gorgeous too. Have a wonderful fun trip to the country cottage! Marilyn