Friday 12 August 2022

Roses and Other Flowers

Hello dear readers from a very hot corner of the uk today........sharing some rosy pictures this week....
......i love this lecien rose print fabric and decided to fussy cut it for a nine patch for a new rose patchwork.....
........gathering lots of rose prints together from my stash.......
..........and picking the second flush of flowers from the rose growing on our patio trellis.......
....they are sweetly scented and so pretty........i put some in the rosy greengate jug......
.........and some in the large, chunky dundee marmalade jar i found in the cotswolds last year.....
......despite the intense heat we've managed a few nice walks......below is a view of our little town and the estuary beyond (the tide is out), seen from the top of the common where we've walked all our lives......the land in the distance is wales which looks nearer than it actually is......
...........blue as the sky are the sweet love-in-a-mist flowers this week.......
...........on another walk, alongside the marshes, we saw apples turning red........
...........and these bright berries.........this walk was so hot we were glad to find a cafe and stop for an ice cream........
......still sewing here though, as there are some cool places in the house to take advantage of.......have got lots of projects on the go at the moment :)..........leaving you with a picture of the rosy patches and the little  milking stool my hubby made me from reclaimed wood....it's so cute and useful too........

 .....thank you so much for visiting me here sweet blog friends........and for the kind comments you leave me and the messages too.......wishing you all a happy peaceful week with flowers and crafty inspirations..............take care lovelies.....................peace and love...............back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

6 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Beautiful scenery, the sweet-love-in-a-mist flower is very pretty. Rose print fabrics as a quilt brings back memories. My first quilt, mother gave me for off to college, is all roses.

Linda said...

Hi Helen! Always look forward to your Friday posts. They never fail to lift me up. It's super hot here in the US south, too. I can't wait for cooler weather. I love those rosy fabrics! Lecien has beautiful fabric. I have quite a bit in my stash. I wish I had those blue flowers in my yard, they're so pretty. 😊

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Beautiful rosey pics this week and beautiful views too across to Wales.
You've had some pretty walks this week ... it has been a hot one, even here!!!
Enjoy your weekend lovely,
V x

butterfly said...

I always love popping to you blog each week Helen , I can see like me your love of roses is so clear .
We also live close to the sea in Devon .
Love your displays .
Enjoy your weekend .

Christine B said...

Lovely seeing all your beautiful rose fabrics and real roses. Looks like you live in a beautiful area. Have a lovely week Helen. Hugs Christine xxx

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Oh that Greengate pitcher is wonderful! I love it so much.. and your pink roses stunning. I've missed posts for July and August so catching up.. nothing came to my inblox! This has happened too with one of my other favorite blogs. Your little bench your hubby made is adorable.. I was noticing in the first picture how cute it is. Your little vignettes are so picturesque.. I always want to print one or two out, just to put on my wall so I can look at it now and then (and I usually do!).... thank you for the lovely posts and sharing your corner of the world... Marilyn