Wednesday 21 October 2020

Hearts and Home

Hello again dear blog friends.....as you can see i've been busy making patchwork hearts......
......these are made like vintage cutter quilt hearts.....but i made the patchwork first for them....
.....i love the simple vintage style and hand quilted texture of them, in a bowl or hanging up....
........along with fabric pumpkins they are decorating our home this week......
..........some days we light cosy candles too....we've been home a lot again as we are in a partial lockdown here once more........
.......lots to keep me busy though.....this week the exciting book tour began on instagram for my new book home sweet home sewing published by tuva publishing....
.........there are lots of fabulous makers taking part as you can see on the list below......
........there are also two beautiful blog reviews of my book by lisa of a spoonful of sugar here and emma of vintage sewing box here.......
.........some cheery pink lisianthus flowers this week with scented eucalyptus leaves are bringing me joy....
...........always love some hearts and flowers....sewing and making....and of course blog and instagram friends.....

 ........thank you so much for dropping by and for the kind comments you take the time to leave......i hope you are keeping well and finding happy crafty moments each day.......take care lovelies......back soon xxx

10 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Hearts are perfect any time of year, especially this year.
Beautiful flowers.

greenrabbitdesigns said...

I love your little hearts Helen, especially in a bowl, something very lovely about that!!
Your flowers are gorgeous, it's so lovely to have fresh flowers in the house.
It was so much fun taking part in the Home Sweet Home Sewing Book Tour and I'm loving seeing everyones beautiful makes ... such a fabulous book. :)
Enjoy the rest of your week my friend,
V x

Teresa Kasner said...

I was notified by Amazon that your book will be coming my way soon, yay! I enjoyed seeing your hearts, I love them too. Take care and be safe, my friend. We're at the beach for 2 weeks in our caravan so I'm enjoying that. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

butterfly said...

Beautiful hearts and flowers lifts your heart to see them .
Such a lovely post .

Christine B said...

Such beautiful patchwork hearts Helen and the flowers look fabulous! I am glad you named them too because I never know what that particular flower is called and it is one I am very fond of! Enjoy the rest of your week! Christine xx

Little Quiltsong said...

Your Patchwork hearts are just so sweet. Love following along on your wonderful book tour and seeing what everyone is making from it. So many beautiful projects in there!

Jo said...

Flowers and hearts, what is not to love? Jo x

Gaby said...

Liebe Helen, immer wieder schaue ich gerne auf Ihren Blog :o) Und heute habe ich mir Ihr neues Buch bei Amazon bestellt. Ich freue mich darauf und kann es kaum erwarten. Herzliche Grüße und alles Liebe Ihre treue Leserin Gaby aus Deutschland xx

meandmysmallcorner said...


Hearts and flowers, perfect combination x

Viv Martin said...

Please can you tell me where I can buy the beautiful cherry bag handles featured in your new book. I just love them!