Tuesday 19 May 2020

Patchwork and Roses

 Hello everyone....i hope your week has begun well.....ours began with some gardening......the roses are beginning to open and the scent is so lovely.....
............this is my newly finished patchwork bag..........made with lots of squares of fabric that create a vintage feel, with added applique roses and then hand quilted.........the pictures of me holding the bag were taken by my elder daughter on a special social distancing visit..........
 .............then i took some pictures of it in the potting shed............the rose here is a david austin rose with a gorgeous scent..........
 ...............this rose is growing in the cottage garden...........
 ..............below is the cecile brunner rose which grows on a trellis beside the patio and is quite old....
 ..............it's so pretty with its delicate small flowers and sweet scent.......these days it mingles with the more recently planted wisteria too.........
..............we always enjoy sitting near to it at this time every year.......
 ............a pretty new french style painted sign has joined my collection....this was made by the talented little seed handmade........
 ................below is a close up of some of the applique roses on my bag.....
 ..........and here's one more pic taken by my daughter :)...............
............thank you for dropping by to visit me here dear readers and for the kind comment you leave.......hope you are all well and safe and enjoying the prospect of a little more freedom to go out and about ........(we are looking forward to going to the garden centre tomorrow!).........take care and wishing you a happy week ahead with sunny days and plenty of crafty inspirations...................back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

17 comments:

Jacky H said...

Its lovely to see part of your garden, Rose's are my favourite flowers yours look so healthy .
I have no flowers in my garden at the moment so a trip to the garden centre this week to restock.
Your bag is a lovely reminder of the quilt you have just made.
Have a lovely week Helen.

Elderberry-Rob said...

Its a very pretty bag, your garden is magical.

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Your gorgeous David Austin rose is a perfect match for your beautiful bag!! Your pretty roses are well ahead of ours, we're still waiting here!!
I''m hoping for a little visit to a garden centre this week too, it's actually within walking distance from our home, it's funny the things we took for granted are now so special!
Enjoy your week my friend,
V x

Sam I Am...... said...

I love that bag! I especially love the tiny print at the top with a cream background? How is that some things just make us swoon?

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

The David Austin rose is stunning!
The bag is beautiful, a summer fun bag for any time of year. The rose appliques, I can see those on a tunic as well.

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

I agree with Sam I Am! That tiny rose fabric at the top of the bag makes me swoon! I used to have wallpaper like that, on one wall of my living room.. in a house I built years ago. Still love it. Everything you make is so darling.. love all of your beautiful roses!

Teresa Kasner said...

Hi Helen! I love your newly finished bag.. what a treasure! That big rose is quite something. Dayle just came in from outside with a 6 roses for me! Double Delight ones. Have you ever heard of those? You should get one for your garden. Very fragrant. I was hoping we'd see your head on top of your photo! :-) Have a wonderful week. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Kleine Vingers said...

Lovely bag, I like your fabric choise.

butterfly said...

I wish our potting shed looked like yours .
Beautiful bag , and your garden is so pretty.

Barwitzki said...

The bag is as beautiful as this beautiful rose.
I hope that our wonderful fabric shop will open again soon and that I can start new projects ...
Greetings to you.
Enjoy the week.
Thanks for nice photos. Viola

Edwina said...

What a pretty bag,and I can almost smell that equally pretty rose. And it looks like we may have the same taste in frocks, yours looks vaguely familiar, possibly Toast?

Have a good week, enjoy the sun while it lasts and keep safe.

Edwina, blogging as simplyambling.blogspot.com

Attic24 said...

Beautiful bag and flowers, such a pleasure to drink in your photos and creativity xxx

Heartsease79742451.wordpress.com said...

Beautiful , love your choice f colours and the roses in your garden x

Lorrie said...

Gardens are the perfect places to be on warming days. Your Cecile Brunner is beautiful, and goes well with your patchwork. Happy weekend, Helen.

Kc'sCourt said...

Your bag is lovely.
You have such a beautiful garden.

Julie xxxxx
I mentioned you in my blog today

Polly said...

Your blog is lovely, very pretty photos, and your patchwork bag is beautiful. I have a couple of David Austin roses, they are the best.

My pincushion said...

I love your bag it looks so English style with the roses. I am a roses lover too and have a small Centifolia in my roof garden. It smells beautiful.